screen position wont change

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by tuk, Apr 29, 2013.

1. tuk

tuk Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX REV 2
    Rivatuner: screen position wont change

Pulling my hair out trying to fix this, even re-installing Windows.

It seems the screen position you choose after installing Rivatuner, in this case 'bottom left' is the position you are stuck with, it wont change afterwards.

After re-installing Windows & Rivatuner, I choose top left for testing & it worked, but then tried to change to a different corner and it seems stuck on the first choice again.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Drag the displays around in 'Screen Resolution' ?

3. tuk

tuk Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX REV 2
    If you mean the screen graphic where you can choose a corner or drag around the '60' ..that's what I have been doing, as you can see from the pic it doesn't seem to work, after installing and making the first choice of screen position it seems stuck in that position

[​IMG]

4. tuk

tuk Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX REV 2
    if you mean the screen graphic with the 4 corners and u can drag around the '60' ...thats what I have been using ...you will see a pic shortly once its approved by mods

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Im not 100% on top of what your having problems with but this is what I'm guessing, you can drag these around

[​IMG]

6. tuk

tuk Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX REV 2
    Sry, I mean the Rivatuner software & how you can choose the 'in-game screen position' of values like temps, fan speed etc

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah, those will be called "OSD"

On Screen Display, there will likely be a setting you can change in there for the screen position, lol, you won't have to reinstall windows to move it

8. tuk

tuk Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX REV 2
    There is a setting or rather a screen graphic where you can:
    • choose a corner
    • input co-ordinates
    • drag a '60' icon to the exact position on the screen you would like the OSD variables to appear

But none of these settings changes the actual OSD screen position in-game.

It allows you to select it once after installing then it seems stuck in that position.

& re-installing windows was the only thing that allowed me to choose a new position, however it does not allow the OSD position to be changed a second time.

9. tuk

tuk Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX REV 2
    Another weird thing about this issue, if you look at the pic in post 3:

I have changed the 'on screen display palette' to different colors, but the OSD text is still showing in default purple ...as if updated settings are somehow not being sent through to the OSD, Only some settings are broken though as others work fine, like 'show on screen display on/off'.

Any ideas?

10. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    If your using RT to display the OSD why not just switch to EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner? Those programs are up to date for the newer cards.

11. tuk

tuk Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX REV 2
    I'm using the RTSS bundled with EVGA Precision & downloaded from the EVGA site, so it should work with my card.

Part of the reason I use RTSS is to stream values from AIDA64.

12. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Then you might try posting in the Afterburner or EVGA forum rather than here, probably get more results.

13. welshdog1956

welshdog1956 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 960 sli mode
    riva tuner move osd

hi all, issue of moving osd in river tuner has stumped me for weeks, finally solved it.
    1/ I changed osd rendering mode to raster 3D

2/ I changed osd coordinate space to frame buffer

3/ then as mentioned I dragged to where I wanted it :)

I run gtx 960 4gb in sli mode with a intel core i5

14. A.Ralk.

A.Ralk. Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black X2 / 6G
    I have gone through a lot of difficult trial and error and finally found a solution.
    Based on RTSS 7.3.3., Windows 10 Pro. (all up date to current as of 4/14/2022)
    1) Add your program *(1); on my attached picture, it is Bluestacks 5 (HD-Player.exe)
    2) after you adjust all the settings you need (color, font, size etc), select and click the corner bracket (^) of the OSD preview pallet - as either *(2) or *(3) for instance in the picture, respectively.
    If you only drag the number 60 around the box, it will not change the position. If you double click on the OSD preview pallet, a pop up window will show and you will see that the number is only on a fractional portion of your intended display; and not at the corner as you intended.
    3) minimize the RTSS, restart your app (program).
    If needed, restart Windows.
    * indicates 1,2,3 circled on the attached picture.
    Good luck.

A.R.

Attached Files: