1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    what is your oppinion on this monitor?
    ASUS ML248H

i can get the same one at my sisters work for alot less than what newegg has it for. on the other hand, if you guys know of another 24" led backlit monitor thats better, im all ears.

thanks

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The VS248H, if you prefer a more traditional monitor in terms of design. The VS248H is a newer model than the ML248H, don't know how this works out in terms of image quality etc. Just don't get mixed up between the VS248H and the VE248H, they're NOT the same and the VS248H is a better later model.

The VE258Q 25 inch and VE278Q 27 inch etc are later still, its just the way Asus labels their series and monitor names. It all depends on what you are able to get. If you can only get the ML248H and not the VS248H through her work at a good price, I'd go for the ML248H. The ML248H and VS248H should be around the same price. I doubt whether you could get a VE258Q, but if you can and the price is still good I'd get that as its worth the extra money (as long as its not ridiculously more than the ML248H).

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    the only reason i was interested in the ml248h, other than the specs, is because of the design. but when i go in the store tomorrow, ill take a look at the vs248h. they have a bunch of asus monitors now. it was just that particular one that looked better than the rest.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Thats fair enough! I just thought I'd mention the VS248H since its the traditional equivalent of the ML248H, as I wasn't sure whether you were looking at that due to price or liking the look of it.

If you like the ML248H, by all means don't let the comment about the VS248H being newer stop you! the main consideration is not to get a VE248H over a VS248H, thats all :)