Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    Hi, updated my Sig. Been using those drivers since installing Gta V. Clean driver install.

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Raw was stutter fest for me, DirectInput fixed it.

3. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Out of interest are you using the latest driver? And which operating system are you using?

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Any tweaks to skip the intro logos?

5. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    so finally get this installed..... Its just force closing, not even getting the R* logo.... FML... tried disabling sli, using latest drivers, tried compatibility mode..... any ideas???

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    ^ Run as administrator?

I don't have the Steam version but when I launch it from Steam I was getting the same thing. Running the .exe as administrator fixed it.

7. rivaltr

rivaltr Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    You have any other monitors enabled like 2/3?.
    Try 1 if you have more and if that doesnt fix it try to close some programs or other display driver i guess?

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wow, what a difference! That definitely did the trick for me!

Looks like the CPU usage was higher than I remember but still seems to be in the acceptable range.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  9. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    nope single monitor...

10. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    evga GTX 980 Superclocked
    Thank you for your answer

Are you sure that there is a shadow of your in-game character when he stands in the headlights of a car on the road? It is indisputable that non-player characters do have shadows when they stand in the headlights of the car you are driving. But does you, your character, has shadow when standing in headlights of a car? Can you show a screenshot please? Thank you a lot.

11. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Im assuming you have the asus 144 hz g-sync monitor - if so, set it to 120 hz, then you wont get any tearing :)

12. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    nope just the same!!.... :(

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Wow..What the heck..K-Putt's preset made that whiteness go away, it was like the game had wrong contrast, it looks way way better now. Thank you K-Putt :)

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Err, what, Kputts preset of sweetfx or what? What are you talking about, lol.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    The mouse input trick made the whole experience that much smoother :) I'm looking at 80-100fps while driving and I think I should settle with that for the time being :)

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    What better fps or something? Or less mouse lag

Again, anyone know how to disable the chromatic aberration

17. Forceflow

Forceflow Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    Hey, since I'm browsing these and other forums a lot, and pasting the correct graphics settings is always incomplete or a link to an image (and you need 3 images to cover them all), I thought I could make a tool to parse the settings.xml file into a readable, pastable format for forums.

http://www.forceflow.be/gta5settingsparser/

Paste your settings.xml in the first text area, hit the button, and it will be parsed to a compact, pastable form.
    (for the moment it only does resolution and tesselation, as a proof of concept)

Think this is worth it to develop further?

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, after playing some more I came to realize that while the game does run fine completely maxed in the city @1440p (including 4xMSAA), while on the countryside the FPS basically halved lol (30-40 FPS). So I went ahead and put Grass from Ultra to Very High, MSAA from 4x to 2x and high resolultion shadows off. Honestly, the game still looks VERY good, but now I have a 100% 60 FPS vsynced gameplay all the time, in every situation.

Basically, even if you have other rigs, it's good to know that the major FPS killers in this game are 4x+ MSAA, Ultra Grass, High Resolution Shadows and the first slider in the Advanced Graphics menu, tweak on those and you will get smooth 60+ FPS in no time.

PS - I also turned off DoF, it's just plain ugly and blurs this beautiful looking game besides making it harder to aim. Motion blur is all right.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I spent an hr earlier, just driving around sightseeing, its looks bloody brilliant, the details incredible, looks even better at night. :D

20. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    CPU bottleneck most likely... this game really hammers my CPU sometimes with an i7-4770K @ 4.3Ghz. Seen upwards of 80-90% CPU usage in some areas.

Need to mess with settings more to find what might be causing such high CPU usage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.