Samsung to offers C34H890 Monitor with SVA panel

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No quantum dots are HDR, just a SVA panel at 3440 x 1440 resolution (21:9 UltraWide) and 100Hz refresh rate. The monitor, like all monitors that have adaptive sync is FreeSync compatoble likely act...

Samsung to offers C34H890 Monitor with SVA panel

2. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    Sounds like a rather low quality panel to offer a cheaper alternative for those who want 21:9 ratio. I think Samsung is hurting their image with these low quality monitors that doesn't do any particular thing right other than the price. I wouldn't expect much.

3. Raplapla

Raplapla Member

GPU:
    -
    Low quality? VA is (arguably) the best panel type, Samsung is known for making high quality monitors, and I’d love to have a curved monitor with this resolution (though I’d have to upgrade my GPU and PSU, not to mention my desk, so no). It also has everything else: low blue light, flicker-free, Freesync.

The only thing I’m unsure about is the 100*Hz frequency. I like the idea of going above 60*Hz but reaching 100*Hz at that resolution will require a beefy GPU, and I’ve heard that after 75*Hz the benefits are not obvious.

Oh and I’m sure it won’t be cheap…

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  4. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    is this freesync 2 or last gen freesync?

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black

You really need a clue.

VA panels are for people with IPS 21:9 that want higher then an 80hz refresh rate.

My IPS 21:9 only overclocks to 80. This is default 100. VA also does blacks better then IPS.

6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    It's a shame these panels don't have a sync range of 30-100hz.

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    The benefits are night and day.

8. EdInk

EdInk Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 (H20)
    It's not always about hitting 100FPS, it's the Freesync range that matters.

9. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Yes, exactly. That is why i wish the range started at 25-30 hz and went up to100. Starting around half way of the monitors refresh rate is just rubbish imo.

10. ThundercatMan

ThundercatMan Guest

GPU:
    Msi gaming 980ti
    The CF971 has LFC which works under 48hz, you'll have to check the freesync website to see if this one has it too. I've owned the CF971 for nearly six months now and it is still the best monitor I have ever owned. Using fast sync with a 980ti at the moment can't wait to get a vega card to see how good free sync is ;)

11. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Samsung doesn´t make high quality monitors bro, I´ve been through 3 (local monopoly), crt, tft and pls and all of them have had serious problems. First one got blurry too fast, second lost one color (cable undisturbed), and third had dust particles under the screen out of the box and was badly sealed, an insect got under the screen. It´s just another cheapo disposable brand.