Watch dogs revival mod(E3 2012)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by KAOS GAMING, Aug 2, 2017.

1. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

Watch Dogs Revival Mod
    This mod is created by KAOS Gaming,Crasher,CurrentlyQuestioning, and TheSilver

Version 1.1: http://quainator.com/7vem
    The official discord server: https://discord.gg/JxMptUR

This mod uses nearly everything from the e3 2012 build. Starting with Visuals and ending with animations and models. The mod is currently WIP but it is close to release. The mod's aim is to get everything from the e3 2012 build and give you that e3 atmospheric feel. The mod also has an e3 head model which is close to e3 aiden.
    features
    -Full E3 2012 profiler animations( the 2 animations where he raises his hands up and the other animation where he doesnt look at his phone while walking).
    -new e3 aiden
    -new gas station explosion and flames on the ground(WIP)
    -better graphics
    -e3 haikal_r car
    -m468
    -glock18
    -cars have white rims
    -e3 sun position
    -E3 Phone Texture By ModaiC
    -Improved coat physics
    -E3 2012 slide on the car and take down animation.(now it works with any other ped even teh cops)
    -E3 2012 Gas Station Explosion Mod
    -E3 2012 rain(now it is more thicker)
    -E3 2012 Aiden pearce(WIP)
    -E3 2012 hair and bandana
    -E3 2012 Icons(WIP)
    -E3 2012 Takedown animation( The animation where he kills the guard in the theater) it is similar but not the same.
    -E3 2012 Criminal Flee'ing behaviour
    -E3 2012 Visuals. We used every E3 2012 file in the game.
    -E3 2012 profiler
    -E3 2012 focus by Puredorian
    -Relief mapping by TheSilver
    -cloud gate reflections by TheSilver
    -Headlight shadows by TheWorse
    -anamorphic lensflare by TXGT
    -Dof by txgt
    -E3 beretta by TheSilver
    -Profiler DoF by TheSilver
    -14min demo Profiler animation by Puredorian

Showcase video:
    SCREENS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

COMPARISONS
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2019
  2. ital92

ital92 Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
    Nice.

One thing that always catched my eye is that E3 2012 sunset scene... it's completely impossible to replicate in the game because within it, just as in real life Chicago, the sun is never in the north, let alone when it's setting (it sets by the west, obviosuly).

But aside from that I think that the sunset graphics we got in the final game are not that apart from that we were shown at that demo. Buildings getting yellower (specially noticeable at the Loop and Mad Mile, because of the contrast with darker zones caused by building's shadows) + the reflection of the sun in the road when facing west, is almost as realistic, in my humble opnion. I like it even much much better than what we got in WD2 (and that goes not only for that, but for a BUNCH of other graphical effects... somebody agrees with me?).

3. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

thx

but what do you think about the mod from the pics in your opinion ?

and btw the mod isnt only about graphics. we mainly concentrated on gameplay. there is alot of new stuff that we got from the e3 2012 build. Stuff that are not in any other mod.but i cant expose any thing now since the mod isnt released yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  4. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    So, how is the performance at the moment?

5. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

well since the mod isnt complete yet we still didnt work on it. we will work on it when we finish everything. But dont expect a potato pc to run it :p. but dont worry from what i see from your pc specs you will be able to run it at ultra 40 to 50 fps i think.

6. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    Thx a lot, man. Since you said about my specs, I realized I forgot to update it. Now I have an i7 4790K, so I believe it improves performance quite a bit, right?

7. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

yeah definitely

8. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    That's interesting, I'd really like to know what you are talking about here, since graphics is fine for the first 5 minutes, but it's the gameplay that keeps you playing at the end.

9. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    You are a bit expecting too much , what we did here was modyfing more animations , editing the whole HUD to match E3 , we edited Fire textures to make Explosions bigger and more E3-like , we made the rain thicker , we added E3 Behaviour for Flee'ing Criminals and much more including E3 Hair Model and Mask (Both are still WIP)
    OFC there will be more stuff but i don't wanna spoil everything

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Well I wouldn't exactly describe that as "mainly concentrated on gameplay" then, quite the opposite actually...
    I was expecting just what KAOS GAMING said.

11. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

well we cant tell you more when u play with the mod u will know what we mean. We took a very little time working on the graphics and till nwo we are working on gameplay. more info will be shared soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
  12. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Well I'd like to know what a mod does before trying it... you know, it's the "reason for downloading it" thing... Anyway ok I will wait for more news soon, hoping to actually see proofs of your claims.

13. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

maybe i will add more screens today and maybe i will write down what does this mod have. just be patient. you are not going to be disappointed.

14. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    The car takedown animation has been in the game since launch tho

15. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

yeah but he didnt shoot. Now he shoots like the e3 2012. I will post screens soon.

16. AjGamer

AjGamer Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    actually he did, the same exact animation. ive done it plenty of times ingame

17. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Indeed, same for me, it has always been there.

18. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    What he meant is that we added this functionality to other characters
    so:
    Now when you sprint and vault over a car or object you will Shoot eg: a cop istnead
    If you don't have the pistol he will still do the pistol vault animation but won't shoot

19. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

weird...oh oh yeah sorry now it works on cops. it didn't work on cops before.
    sorry for misunderstanding but i am not the creator of this animation.

20. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Instead of what? The exact same takedown of the E3 2012 is still in the vanilla game and you can execute enemies exactly in the same way of the E3 scene, with Aiden sliding over the hood shoting the enemy (except for the subsequent pickup-rifle part obviously). So I don't understand what you guys did exactly.