Graphics card not compatible with MoBo?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by NomadAssassin, Mar 29, 2015.

1. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    So this is by no means something that bothers me anymore but I just want to get to the bottom of it. Here what's the thing. I got Nvidia GT730 DDR5, cheap card long time ago for the old computer (I'm using it now). I installed it and even played through Black Flag for hours with no problem. But there was a thing. Whenever I start game or anything that ups the card's clock gets tiny small grain all over the monitor which you can't see from distance but is irritating at close. I RMAd the card and the same thing was present. Didn't matter to me few bucks so I put in the box and returned to the previous card. Now I decided to give this junk PC new power supply. Why? Because the requirements for card the were 300W 20Amps PSU and mine was 300W 14A (total crap). Got 450W Corsair with 32Amps rail and I just wanted better PSU in general. Surprise, surprise same thing happens.
    I really don't care much now, I just want to know why is this happening. Motherboard is the only thing that comes to my mind.
    Here is the board http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NCM_DVI/

And the card http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5113#ov

So anyone can confirm because I'm not that savvy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    maybe i am dead wrong,but when something like this happens,there is a high chance that it is a graphic memory issue, at hardware level.
    i have some spare low end PGU lying around ,and some had almost the same problem,i reflowed the memory chips,boom! problem solved.

3. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    But what are the chances of this happening twice? Anyway I'm not buying anything from Gigabyte because this and the cheap stuff they use as cooling. Under the GT730 rev 1.0 sticker there is still GT640 print. They are not even bothering to change the boards.