Dark Souls

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by cjs007, Apr 28, 2012.

1. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its a nice game, but extremely hard lol
    ;)

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It's overly awesome game :p and well played it through some months a go :) getting it again for pc

4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Just bought it for PS3, very nice game although easier than i expected after all i´ve read about how difficult the game is...

I´m almost reaching the 60 hour mark, it´s been a while since i´ve played a game for so long with the exception of MP games.

If i knew the game was going to be released for PC i would have waited a little long because the game on the PS3 looks very good but there are certain parts were the frames simply tank down and the game seems like a slide show...

Still a great game, enjoy it!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

5. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Yeah, i want to get it for the PC too....So i can see the difference between them.

6. Austyn

Austyn Guest

this game was so easy it wasnt worth picking up tryin*cough* still stuck on the first boss ahaha great game, hope some modding is done on the pc version, would love the old purple heart lion shield from Demon souls. mmmmm

this game should be renamed to "uMadBro?

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I finally cleared the game after 100+ hours of total playtime lol. I kept restarting new characters and eventually found out that a DEX build is incredibly powerful. Parrying dagger + lighting dagger, Quelagg furyword and Iaito was all I needed to clear the game.

My most favorite game right there.

8. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    This is game was HARD. Ill be getting the PC version as well.

9. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    I haven't finished it yet mostly because I know when I play it I'll end up playing for hrs. Easily my favorite game. I just need to get some time off work so I can kill a few days and finally finish it.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

What I like about these guys is that they create worlds exactly how I want them to be. Dark, twisted, huge and far away backgrounds that makes you feel small and alone. They have this feeling of emptyness, sorrow yet I always feel a presence of other players nearby. The worlds are well crafted, detailed, unique, complex and there are hidden paths, secrets and items to be found everywhere. Bosses are all huge and epic to fight. No matter what, you will always have a tense and addicting feeling when playing. You are on the nerves when you get invaded by another player to kill you. You are relieved to see other people offering their help with bosses. The whole game is a constant struggle to survive and find new refuges, shortcuts and progression points. You never get the same playthroughs no matter what. You are free to play your character like you want, to go where you want, to equip what you want, to upgrade what you want. The game has one difficulty. Get used to it and learn how to play. In this game, there is nothing cheap. Everything happening is your fault and your own fault. The environnements themselves tells the story.

You want to be skilled in parrying and riposting with an agile character? Fine. You want to cast spells? Fine. You want to run naked with a big sword? Fine. You want to focus your character to be a living hell for other players in PVP? Fine. You want to be a character that helps others in making their game easier? Fine. You want to join dragon convenant? Go ahead. You want to hunt forest tresspassing players ? You can do that. You want to kill every NPCs and make your game different? Yes sir. You want to play the game over and over again with your character until you get old? Yes, you can.

I could go on forever like this and explain why this game is easily the best RPG ever released.

It's a shame because the game only broke 1 million in sales while they release recycled crap like Call of Duty and already get 10 millions in pre-orders. Diablo 3 isn't any better.

I thank these guys for staying true to what they like to create. The result is simply unique games that stay in your mind for ever.

11. Austyn

Austyn Guest

All well and good playing what you want, but the fact of the matter is, you are almost forced towards spec'ing a specfic way and min/maxing or you get pretty much rolled in pvp.

12. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Well said Wanny. Took the words/love right out of my mouth.
    The PVP gets a little out of hand the older this game gets. The more people discover what it takes to make a pure Griefing build the more there are invading. It makes leaving the game online unappealing after a while. You know that you are going to get ganked it's just a matter of when. So if I am trying to grind up levels to further my game I tend to go offline until I have collectedthe required souls needed and spent them. That way I won't get ganked out of no where and have a couple of hrs raped from me.
    :)