How can I remove registry entries made by RT?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by mksu, Mar 16, 2010.

1. mksu

mksu New Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD 3870
    Hello to everyone! As you can see I'm new to this forum. So let's see if anybody can help me. I already used the forum search in order to find a resolution but was not successful:

I installed RT and overclocked my Ati Radeon HD 3870 by enabling low-level control in RT. The standard GPU clock is 775 Mhz and standard VRAM clock is 1125 MHz. As long as I'm in idle mode (desktop, internet) the clocks are at 300 MHz for GPU and 1.050 Mhz VRAM due to Ati clock gating afaik. The GPU temperature is at 42° in idle mode. When I'm running an 3D application the card runs at standard clocks.

I raised the clocks to 800 MHz GPU and 1150 MHz VRAM but encountered some problems in Furmark so i decided to reset the clocks at standard. But now the VRAM clock is running at 1125 MHZ even if I'm in idle mode and the temperature is at 60°, while GPU clock is running at 300 MHz as it is supposed to in idle mode.

So I would like to restore the real standard settings so the VRAM clock runs again at 1050 MHz an the temperature is again at 42° in idle mode but I assume that the VRAM clock runs still at maximum due to registry entries made by RT. Afaik uninstalling the RT would not solve the problem. So does anybody have an idea how I can completely remove all the registry entries made by RT? And does maybe somebody now how far RT can recognize the Ati clock gating steps?

Thanks very much for your help!

mksu

2. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
  3. mksu

mksu New Member

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD 3870
    thanks for the suggestion that seemed to work. I uninstalled RT and then let CCleaner search for old registry entries so there was found an entry called Unwinder and deleted it. So card ist still running at 1125 VRAM, but at least at moderate temperatures again, about 42°-44°.

Does anybody know how changing clock settings with RT on an Ati card affects the Ati clock gating? I want to create my own fan speed settings for my HD 3870 but am afraid that the settings for idle mode will disappear. So maybe has some experience with RT and the HD 3870?