Please help me with this Rivatuner problem!

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Avengement, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Avengement

Avengement New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 260M
    Hi guys!

First time poster here. I've been using Rivatuner to fix a throttling problem that my M15x has. The thread outline the throttling problem and fix can be found here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=439546

I'm not really overclocking, I'm just forcing Nvidia 260M to run at max clocks (stock is 550/950/1350). This method has worked for me for a couple weeks until this morning, where I've been experiencing problems now with Rivatuner/ my videocard's drivers.

This morning I turn my laptop on, try to apply the clock settings, and notice they revert to 383/301/767. Restarted the laptop and my videocard drivers went funky and broke. Reinstalled my drivers (was using 186.81) and still the clocks won't stay at 550/950/1350. They always revert. I've tried a different driver (195.62) to no avail and they still revert.

Can you guys help me out with what is going wrong? How can my computer be working then after a restart be $%^&ed up like this? I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Sincerely,

Avenge:bang:

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Never mind.........

But mobile chips are not officially supported.

3. Avengement

Avengement New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 260M
    Okay but it was working for the past couple weeks, why all of a sudden stop?

4. Snarl

Snarl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
    Did this ever get fixed ? exact same problem.

Cheers; Snarl

5. Snarl

Snarl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
    Damn... finally fixed had to go back to basics...

Uninstall Rivatuner, all NVidia Drivers/Software
    Boot to Safe Mode (F8) and run DriveSweeper, CCleaner
    Disconnect from Internet and Boot to Windows
    Re-Install Drivers

I had tried a Uninstall/Re-Install before with no luck however I think the SafeMode/Drive Sweeper was the real fix.

Cheers