Vertex 4 help needed

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by Sarex, May 11, 2013.

1. Sarex

Sarex Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Ok so this is the situation, 2-3 months ago I bought a vertex 4 128gb (latest firmware) ssd and installed it without a problem on my asus p5k motherboard. I used it as a os drive.

Resently I started getting bluescreened. So I decided to reinstal windows to see if it would resolve the issue. In the middle of the os instalation I got a blue screen again, so I tried to reset the computer and on boot the computer froze when it got to recognising the ssd drive. When I remove it the motherboard boots withouth a problem and recognises the other hdd without issue.

So I figure the ssd is dead, but just to be sure I plug it in my brothers computer and it boot without a problem and windows recognises it too.

So now I'm stuck, it's either the motherboard controler that is at fault or it's the ssd.

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. :)

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Did you try a different port/cable?

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Let the SSD sit in the BIOS screen for around twenty minutes without doing anything, this will let it power cycle and clean up.

Try a different port, different SATA and SATA power cables.

4. Sarex

Sarex Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    Yeah tried all the ports didn't work. What I did was re-flash the ssd and it worked after that.

I managed to install windows, but I suspect that either the ssd is faulty or my ram. The system is still kind of buggy. I'm gonna test the ram tomorrow, and if it turns out it's ok, I'm gonna send the ssd for a replacement.

edit: I ran the windows memory test, and it said I have hardware issues. I guess my ram is faulty. Trouble is I have the old ddr2 ram, it's gonna be a bitch to find it for sale...

Last edited: May 12, 2013

5. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I notice DDR2 sales on Arstechnica all the time, maybe try your luck there?

6. Sarex

Sarex Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    I have decided to go for a new motherboard/cpu/ram. I just hope that this config will hold up until then. :)

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Can you send to Israel the ram?