I flashing wrong vbios on Asus r7 260x

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by ALANART, Apr 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ALANART

ALANART Guest

GPU:
    Asus R7 260X OC 2GB GD5
    Hi , my english is bad sorry xD
    Hi all, what happens is that I have a r7 260x asus with the famous bug of the black screen and the asus paracer, I climbed a VBIOS to fix that and then to be changing vbios one of those no longer gave me signal video, and wanted to know if buying another video card could put the new one in the slot pci express x16 # 0 and asus i want to fix the pci express x16 # 1 for so arranging the vbios, tell me if i could do to buy a cheap video card and if not also tell me to save for another video card, help please.

2. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Yup, just get the cheapest card possible and MAKE SURE TO FLASH THE RIGHT ONE ;) Read before you do anything, heck triple check every command!

Simply put the new card in slot 1/closest to the CPU and then put the second card in the other slot etc etc. Use the VBIOS dump you made before you flashed the other BIOS (assuming you were smart enough to do a dump first). You can do this via Windows (CMD) or via a bootable DOS USB, yet again triple check and compare your information to other guides/whatever.

Tip: Go to a local store and ask them if they have a spare PCIe card you can lend for flashing back the BIOS, it'll save you money ;)

Good luck, let me know if there's anything.