Skyrim Special Edition - Pretty Good Multi-threading now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by campcreekdude, Oct 29, 2016.

1. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Skyrim Special Edition - Pretty Good Multi-threading now?

When I launch Skyrim Special Edition it seems to make use of all my FX 8350 cores. At launch its at sometimes it says 100% useage on all cores and throughout the gameplay it seems to bounce on all cores.

I can run Skyrim Special Edition at 2560x1440p with a 7970 on ultra but I get around 30-40'ish FPS in the first riding scene of the game. It mostly hovers at 35... and goes down to lows of 29.9 for periods of time.

The game is well playable but I am maxing out the GPU with 100% useage.
    In the old skyrim it wasn't as multi-threaded and I didnt get 100% GPU useage.

VRAM is around 2600-2750 megs in the first trail riding scene

With that being said... its time for crossfire profile for Skyrim Special Edition... I am now limited by my GPU in Skyrim prior it was CPU.

Please?
    Edit:
    I am limited by my CPU with that being said... Maybe I can't truely determine if its fully multi-threaded but on load up again I seen 100% on all cores.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    In my Benchmarking Quest. I smacked my head and thought... Maybe I should just lower the game settings until its a low spec and see how well it mult-threads on CPU cores.

Ran it at 720p low detail everything. I did that but Now the game is locked at a max of 60 FPS. I do not have v-sync on. I forced it off in the control panel.

But I feel like the game is well mult-threaded now. I see activity on all cores. OH well... if i can't proove it lol.

3. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    For now, you can force the Fallout 4 crossfire profile for Skyrim special edition, works flawlessly. Make sure you are running in fullscreen mode.

4. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    You can disable vsync from the config files.
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimPrefs.ini

Search for "iVsyncPresentInterval" without the ""
    And change the value from 1 to 0. :)

Use it just for benchmarking, cause the physics will just blow up if the framerate gets too high.

Cheers

5. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Hey Garwinsk.. how did you FORCE it? I am NEW to AMD Crossfire

6. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Open Radeon Settings, go to the gaming tab, select Skyrim SE, there should be a setting for Crossfire, if you click it you get some settings, select 'use AMD pre-defined profile', then, select Fallout4.exe or something. You are brought back to the previous screen. Click the arrow that points left next to the name of the game to save, you are brought back to all the games Radeon Settings has detected. It should work now. Make sure Skyrim SE is running in full screen, so not windowed or borderless.

7. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Is it just me or is it a bug with Crimson that I can't force v-sync? I have the option set to "Always On" both globally and in the Skyrim SE specific profile, but it doesn't work. I ask because there's bad FPS issues using the game's vsync, and the solution is turning that off, and forcing vsync instead through the drivers. But like I said, turning it on in Crimson doesn't work, I can tell as the game tears.

Its not that critical as I can force it with RadeonPro, but it'd be nice if the feature actually worked within the actual AMD software.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's a feature :D

You cannot enforce Vsync with AMD D3D drivers.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  10. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well that's goofy. Oh well, at least RP still works in this regard.

11. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    You see Bethesda still using old engine,even with these new stuff from Dx11 and 64bit.

You dont need to stay with big eyes open on left side of the screen to see fps numbers.
    Enjoy the game at max settings @ 1080p and forget about "60 fps trend": If we dont have steady 60 fps omg we are doomed...
    My 2 cents. :)

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    To be fair, AMD is actually following the Microsoft guidelines on that one. To be even more fair, that's a completely retarded decision, given that with NVIDIA drivers you can even force Ambient Occlusion at this point.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    For gaming i do what you explained and i added a SSE profile with 60 fps limit in RTSS.

Works fine.

14. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Sorry but you have the Vsync ON!
    The control panel of the AMD don't work properly.
    I can have >100FPS in many occassions if I put the game on low with 1080P, this with a AMD Phenom II X4 and the GPU Usage never dropped from 99%, seems awesomely multi-threaded / optimized!

Follow this:

Cheers

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Multi-threading my ass, SE needs a fast single-core performance just like F4.

[​IMG]

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    ^ yep. It's a garbage engine.
    DX12 would help massively if properly implemented.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    it must be garbage if a 9590 is loosing to a i3 2100.

18. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    I think this is the original game. SE is a little below on that site
    [​IMG]

Is threaded much better than original but still, low load means low fps on FX
    [​IMG]

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I wonder if they tested it in the same spot.

20. campcreekdude

campcreekdude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7970 crossfire
    Fallout 4 profile seems to work for me for crossfire. I will just check if there are performance boosts.

Edit:

There is no performance boost for me in Skyrim Special Edition if I use the Fallout 4 profile.

i get usage on both GPU's.. 60-80-90% but I dont get more Frames Per Second.

I am not cpu limited with my FX 8350 at 4.2Ghz... just GPU limited in this game without crossfire.

Thanks for showing me those benchmarks I was curious but it is better. FPS. Not alot of games are super-multithreaded but since its the same game but different engine its still better than before.

So I am happy. Maybe a little more happy than some people. But still no crossfire.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016