Download and Discuss Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HerrFornit, Nov 16, 2015.

1. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
  2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Sighted where?

3. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    [​IMG]

Feel snappy & fast, or it's me.

4. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    only new package (CCC), no new drivers

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Thanks AMD to release a new minor driver build to only report it will flicker in DX11 and using CFX.

Maybe the nonexistent DX12 version will work better!

LOL

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  6. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    It shows Driver date is Nov 13 2015 so this is Fallout 4 driver. I test Fallout 4 & it ran a bit smooth, still better then nothing.

Also this driver is for the new Assassin's Creed game & Fallout 4 & COD: Black Ops lll. we got to wait two weeks for the new software from AMD.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Really?

Meantime they can release a new 15.11.1.1 build with this changelog:

Any "new driver" is better than nothing.

LOL

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well it was about time, right? :p

Gonna try them when i get home tonight...

9. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    HAHA yeah i'm kind of disappointed in these drivers because they don't have Shader Cache & the new software. two weeks to go : (

10. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    And no crossfire profile for fallout 4. Why did i ever go multi gpu, such a waste.

11. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Most games support CrossFire, some games don't work. That's just something you have to deal with as a CrossFire user.

However, i feel your pain. As a CrossFire user you want all the performance your system can deliver. I want to play Fallout 4 at 4K, but it looks like i have to settle with 1440p.

12. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Massive BLOPS3 perf. increase noticed :banana:.
    Also Fallout4 is improved, but indeed no CF yet, but I see a smooth 60 fps @5K coming when it's there.

13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
  14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    AMD (or Nvidia) can't magically add multi-GPU support from nowhere, the game must have basic support for it.

Bethesda has this and other dozens bugs to solve.

That's your opinion and i respect it, mine is different.

IDK maybe you are fine about current AMD support for crossfire, i'm not.
    IDK maybe you prefer to wait and see, have faith and expect DX12 disolving all CFX problems including DX9-11 ones.

What is silly is to theoretically add "quality and performance optimizations" for a game and at the same time advice of "Flickering may be observed when running the game in DirectX® 11 mode and with AMD Crossfire™ enabled".

That's on the same smart line of advices as:"we suggest disabling Crossfire.".

I guess you consider all your posts as profound thoughts in comparison, good for you.

There is a "ignore" button to avoid all my posts at once, you are free to use it if you like.

If you think that there is something in my posts who is against the forum rules, there is also a button to report individual post to mods.

15. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    These are pretty crap for crossfire sw battlefront, still has the massive loading stutter lag from beta they havent fixed. Like the in-game diorama 100% crash loading cf each time, not with single gpu.

Load times are also abhorrent with cf, load to main menu 7 secs 1gpu, 14 secs with cf, training mission 12secs 1 gpu and omg 60! seconds in crossfire!!

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks for the advice, i was about to play this game.

At least it will not be a surprise.

What is the CFX GPU scaling in this game after this minor build?

17. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I didn't play the battlefront beta for long (very very boring game), but i was running the game with CrossFire at 4K. I don't know if i used ARF-friendly mode or a profile from another Frostbyte engine 3 game (like BF hardline). I tried both, that's for sure.

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I don't disagree with what you criticize at all. It's very valid criticism. But the way you carry yourself in your criticism I consider to be over-reacting over the simple details, like what you quoted acting as if the only change in the drivers is a single line concerning Black Ops III known issues.

The fact that we know the game is broken and yet to be fixed on any platform, regardless of the GPU setup used, means any dilly-dallying over whether SLi or CrossFire works, or even works properly, is pointless as the game struggles to even run properly on single GPUs.

That's in addition to previous correspondence between me and you regarding GTA V in which you stubbornly, flat-out refused to take certain considerations into account such as staying away from certain graphical settings known to bog down the game on any platform. You insist on the absurd sometimes and you know that.

And no, I'm not going to ignore your posts or report them to the mods, that's just childish if I were to do that. I'm just lamenting your lack of refinement in highlighting any potential issues, particularly to do with AMD. It's like you have a vendetta of some sort, which makes me wonder why you're hanging on to a pair of AMD cards honestly. If you're that annoyed, why not switch to Nvidia?

Also, regarding the issues I have with CrossFire. I don't. It's that simple. A broken turd of a game I do not buy. When I buy a game that runs so well on a single GPU and does not work on CrossFire, then I will be the one doing all the complaining for everyone. But I don't run into that situation often if at all, and by that I mean I can't remember the last time CrossFire itself gave me any serious issues of the sort.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  19. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X
    Just upgraded to these over the last Beta drivers. My Ashes of Singularity benchmark score dropped roughly 5% with these new drivers.
    R9 280X.

20. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    driver runs great zero issues with it