Steam Summer sale is go

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tsunami231, Jun 22, 2017.

1. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Dude i used to be when i was younger. Of course back then i played videogames with strong passion i lack today. Dude i dunno i always feel like having a big collection and i always want more games. MOAR!!

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Though there was a price increase, that was in january/february, from 89.95 to 99.95, so not sure what you are talking about.

Before you tell me "no it wasn't"

These things are trackable. It's never been $69 NZ.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well then my bestfriend from kindgardens husband to be has gaming collection, you will kill for!

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Got EliteSniper4 which was 50% off and that was it. Also been waiting for the CoD4 Remaster but it's still at 40 bucks so i went on Amazon and got IW+Remaster for 40 bucks instead.

IMAGINE it's Steam Summer sales and you get better deals on Amazon
    . Sad times. xD

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I think the last time when they had really good deals was about 5 years ago. Could even be longer lol

So far ive only bought Abzu. I did however buy the witcher 3 expansion pack on another site since ive decided to replay the witcher 3 on this 1070.

6. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    I'll be playing DOOM in an hour or two. Can't wait. And Pogo is back. Woohoo!

:)

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Impulse buy:

Age of Empires II (HD) - 4,99€
    Tales of Symphonia - 4,99€
    Rocketbirds - 0,99€
    Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition - 4,49€
    The Banner Saga 2 - 7,09€
    The Banner Saga 2 (bundled with game)- Soundtrack - 2,83€

25,38€

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Same, I wislist stuff I might be even remotely interested in and then may or may not buy them once they're on sale.

Some items have been on the list for years xD

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you bought the same game twice?

10. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I bought Black Mesa, Tekken 7, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Rising and I was also thinking of picking up Life is Strange and a few other emoish titles, but might just wait for a rainy day.

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Just picked up dishonoured 2, ans im tempted to grab hitman aswell...

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Also got CoD2 because i'm a lazy bum who likes to keep his old CDs on the shelf. xD

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Bought a few games yesterday :eek:

Enter the Gungeon
    Axiom Verge
    Resident Evil HD Remaster
    Oceanhorn : Monster of the Uncharted Seas
    Evoland 2
    Black Mesa
    Dead Cells
    Hollow Knight

Wanted to buy Dishonored 2 since I really liked the first one but the ever present stuttering was quite annoying. If only that was gone, I'd buy the game in a heartbeat.

14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    well so far ive bought Shadow of Mordor, Bioshock Infinite and Dying light Deluxe edition. It coz me just over 18 pounds with £5 paypal voucher for steam! Cant really complain!

Also thinking about Hitman, latest Tomb Raider and Farc Cry2. Dishonoured is tempting me as well!

Really want a good open world RPG but nothing catches my eye :(

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    No, the soundtrack was bundled with game but his price was specified. :)

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think I've bought around 15+ games in the Steam sale, now about half of which weren't even on my Wishlist! For example, I picked up The Room and its sequel for a total of £1.98 last night, two great puzzle games that look and play far better than the mobile platforms they were originally made for. If you like puzzle games and fancy something to chill out to after an intense racing game or shooter then I would highly recommend these, especially at that price.

17. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Thinking of getting Hitman but unsure of which series to get? Seems like there is an older series and then a new series bundle.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    now that makes sense

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Can't seem to find a collection for older games myself but each of them seems to be available for a couple of EUR / bucks, hell you can get Codename 47 + Silent Assassin + Contracts + Blood Money + Absolution for less than 10 EUR!

New Hitman Season 1 is also very affordable ~ 19 EUR so all Hitman games for around 30 EUR total is an absolute steal!

However if you still feel like being picky :))) and have never played Hitman games start with Silent Assassin and Blood Money I'd say.
    Codename 47 is the first but also very dated and Silent Assassin made the series what it is really, improved upon everything Codename 47 missed starting with completely revamped, large open levels.

Silent Assassin (2nd) and Blood Money (4th) are widely considered the best entries. Contracts (3rd) was fine but it was basically Codename 47 remade and IMO notably weaker than Silent Assassin.
    Absolution (5th) is the first "next-gen" Hitman and... well. It's fine as a stealth-action game but one could say it's the weakest entry in the series.

The new HITMAN (6th) sees the game return to its roots, just bought Season 1 myself and boy was I glad I did!

Let me reiterate though, under 30 EUR (probably the same in USD) for all Hitman games is insane value for money.

(The series have a very loosely connected plot, mostly dropping hints about 47's origins but you won't really miss anything crucial even if you don't start with Codename 47. Plus Wikis if you're interested in plot details.
    Still I'd recommend starting with older games as they give you a better basis for the newest game. Feel free to skip Absolution though.)

20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    just gave Steam my mastercard and will sell a child....

oh god