Need advice on Acer laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by DirtyTurk, Sep 4, 2006.

1. DirtyTurk

DirtyTurk Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Rage Fury Pro - 32MB
  2. Telrin

Telrin Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 250 GTS
    you should be allowed to add another 512 stick in.
    the x1100 should allow you to play some games in low-res. but it depends which games your talking about

im not sure if it'll handle fear, bf2, and hl2. but im sure it'll handle the old games like cs 1.6, starcraft, warcraft 3 just fine.

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    The laptop is not that bad but if that is your limit it is OK for such specifications. As said above the Video Card is faitly limited to what games you will be able to play.

4. Mountin

Mountin New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek A6600GT TDH 128MB AGP8x
    Will this Graphic Card be enought for Trackmania Nations (united) and DEFCON or Swat4

5. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    put it this way, that card is a slightly crippled x700 using shared memory , itll handle tm nations fine swat yes at med-low hl2 will run fine at medium

6. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    I guess you mean the Sempron 3400+ ?? I believe that is a desktop processor although I am not too sure about whether its a mobile version or not. If it is a desktop version CPU it will have a heafty cooling system and be quite heavy, but it will probably play Trackmania Nations on around Med without dynamic lighting or AA/AF, it looks like a good laptop for the price, and if you can get another 512mb of RAM, you would probably be able to run a bit more than TM Nations, DEFCON and Swat 4.

7. SorienOR

SorienOR Guest

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT + Acer 1080p
    It is a mobile version, even using socket s1 so the laptop could be upgraded to a turion x2 down the road.