Big day today. Some (finally) next-gen releases.

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Serotonin, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    What are you guys getting (if any)? I have purchased First Light
    DLC and Madden 15 for PS4. I plan to get Metro for PS4 as well sometime this week. For those of you in the U.S - Best Buy has Metro Redux on PS4/XB1 for $49.99 and a $10 dollar gift card with purchase.

Infamous: First Light DLC which is 4-5 hours or new content and missions exclusively for PS4.

Madden 15 for Xbox One/PS4 (also available on previous gen). This is the first Madden to take advantage of the new hardware from a graphical stand-point. I paid for a month of ea access on Xbox One to play the 6 hour trial of Madden 15 and see if it was worth a full purchase. It was worth the $5 bucks to test it considering the pile of horse crap Madden 25 was on PS4 for $60 that I got suckered into. That said, great game, not only the graphical enhancements that are on ps4/xb1 but also the revamped defensive mode that lets you view from the defenses point of view. It's really fun playing the as defense with this camera angle, you feel much more into it and as if you make a bigger difference in the game.

Metro: Redux for Xbox One/PS4. Having not played the original and only a few levels of 2033, I plan to pick this up. I wanted to pick this up on Xbox One so I didn't make 3 straight purchases for my PS4, but after reading the Xbox One version is 912p60 vs. PS4 1080p60...well...I have to go PS4.

Looks like the Xbox One collects more dust until Sunset Overdrive. Sigh.

Anyone enjoying any of these?

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Waiting for First Light to unlock at 12am. Madden looking any good?

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Madden is great.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    This was the last Madden game I played. :D

[​IMG]

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I played through ea access on xbox one yesterday, I went through 3 of the allowed 6 hours. I think this is a great version of Madden this year.

It goes above and beyond a few adjustments and typical roster update. It just feels like a fresh start for the series.

The players are slightly bigger, they run slightly slower and more realistic and pick up speed as they break out for bigger runs. Graphically the players and uniform textures are much higher res and i the lighting. I do still think the stadiums and crowd look rather last-gen though, but not a big deal.

The new defense modes alone are worth buying it. It's nice to feel every play is important on both sides of the ball. Defense, which I always loved to play, felt very secondary in the thinking process for Madden and the way it was handed out to you. Now it feels just as important as the offense and you're just as involved.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    dat cover tho. RS be like stahp b!tches lol.

[​IMG]

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    As much as I can't stand his mouthing off, the man does play solid and backs up his trash talk.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm from Chicago. Being a Bears fan has taught me solid defense, it's all we've had for years if anything at all. Last two years our defense forgot how to play football because we got a decent offense. Can never get good on both sides at once. Ever. So frustrating. lol.

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That's ok. I'm a Broncos fan and I still hear crap from my friends over the supererbowl debacle.

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Poor bastard :(

That's OK. Denver has a stocked team again this year. I think they grabbed Emanuel Sanders from the Steelers. Between him and Thomas, Manning will be explosive.

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The only console game I'll be buying this month is Tales of Xillia 2 I'm afraid, and that's a PS3 exclusive. Looks like it'll be the same next month if I decide to pick up Fairy Fencer F (if by some miracle it doesn't turn out to be garbage). Sadly the next Tales game looks to be a PS3 exclusive title also, and there's little on the horizon for the PS4 as far as JRPG's go. I'm dying to pick one up but simply can't justify it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'm more looking forward to NHL15. Played the demo today on xbox one and its pretty good. The arenas and crowds alone are pretty impressive. I read somewhere that every arena is realistically modeled and they have something like 9,000 unique people in the stands that will hold up signs, dress up in costumes, etc...

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I'll probably get Metro: Redux, played Metro: Last Light on PC and really enjoyed that, couldn't get into Metro 2033 with it's wonky controls and dodgy stealth so looking forward to playing that with Last Lights mechanics.

15. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Why arent i getting 50% off of Metro redux

it says "Pre-purchase today to take advantage of an exclusive loyalty bonus offer – a 25% discount for each original Metro title in your Steam Library.

only getting 25%..

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    He's on the cover of Madden and he got a big contract watch him fall off the face of the earth this year. And keep in mind the NFL is trying to phase out his play style with the current interpretation of the illegal contact penalties.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You might as well start giving all the players flag belts so they can play no touch. What a joke. Roger Goodell has turned the NFL into the no fun league.

18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Could not agree with you more. I wanted to take the trip with the Bold City Brigade to the draft just to boo Goodell but didn't have the vacation time available.

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay Madden 15 incoming. Phaze you are on notice. Pick the game up and get ready for some Jags vs. Broncos online play.

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

[​IMG]