Please Help

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by bigsouth1981, Oct 8, 2004.

1. bigsouth1981

bigsouth1981 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 PRO DDR DVI/TVO
    THIS IS DRIVING ME MAD!!
    I was blown away by you guys and your 3dmark03 & 02 scores and was wondering if you could take the time to give me a few pointers with my system on how to improve my 3dmark scores.

Thought you might know the answer......................

Just got my new computer about a fortnight ago (but i have been on holiday and havent had too much of a mess about - Im off work this week so im trying to get everything sweet !!) and ran 3dmark 2001se (with all update patches) and 3dmark 2003( with all patches )

my highest scores were as follows using the catalyst 4.7 drivers and NOTHING AT ALL OVERCLOCKED, "ALL STOCK" i think the term is !

3dmark 01se = 17927

3dmark 03 = 5995

Aquamark 03 = 43346

Can you tell me, or at least give me some pointers?. Are these scores are high or low for my system (below)?????? and how to improve them accordingly if needed.

Regards.................Andrew

My Computer:

Asus p4c800 -e deluxe i875p Raid SATA Gbit Lan 6ch
    Intel Pentium 4 3.20ghz 800mhz (socket 478) 1 Mb
    1024 mb DDR 400 Pc 3200 Cl2.5 Samsung
    128mb ATI Radeon 9800 Pro DDR DVI TV OUT
    120 gb Maxtor serial ATA 7200rpm 8mb cache-ATA
    Sony 1.44mb floppy
    16x DVD Drive IDE
    8xDVD-R NEC OEM
    Creative Audigy 2 6.1
    Creative Inspire 6.1 p580
    Windows Xp Pro oem
    17" Silver Black CRT Flat Monitor AOC
    Inwin MIDI tower

2. shunya

shunya Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek A400 GT TDH, Gainward 5900U GS @ 5950
    Hey, your scores look good to me.....You could try downloading the Catalyst 4.9's from ATi's site

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/...prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=18&submit.y=11

Besides that once you're comfortablw with your system and how it all comes together, you can embark on the 9800 Pro to XT mod......It's almost 100% sure-fire guaranteed to work and will give you a nice little boost in performance....

But for now, yeah, download the Cat 4.9's and post back with your benchies....

PS: I'm assuming you have DX 9.0c

3. bigsouth1981

bigsouth1981 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 PRO DDR DVI/TVO
    Thanks, what should i use to uninstall the present drivers that i have??

4. Scooperman

Scooperman Master Guru

GPU:
    2xBFG 7900GTX OC 512 @670/1640
    Ya, your scores look fine for you current video card.

Under normal circumstances you can just uninstall from the control panel in Windows, reboot, and cancel Window's attempts to install video drivers, then install from the installer file for the new drivers. (download new drivers first)

If you have any issues, download Driver Cleaner.
    If you need or want to use it...
    Uninstall drivers, reboot into safe mode, run Driver Cleaner for ATI video drivers, reboot back into normal mode, then install new drivers. (cancel any attempts by Windows to install vid drivers)

Can be a hassle if you haven't done it but a couple of runs and you'll have it down.

5. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    your scores look ok for a stock system you have a very good motherboard for o/cin you ram will let you down though

the best drivers for ati are 4.8 and dx9c use rage 3d to tweek you vid card and try to increace your fsb you have a prescott so it should o/c ok you have about 2k there in 01 just in tweeking the card so, try rage and only change 1 setting at a time and test till you get the best set up its not hard but it is very time consuming. and do your home work