sigverif sees unsigned files, but they're missing?

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Danny_G13, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    Most boringly titled thread ever, but my OCD is being bugged by this.

Basically trying to do a bit of spring cleaning on the system, and ran sigverif to identify any non-signed files.

It found a few. The problem is they're all references to files I manually erased - I was unable to properly uninstall Asus AI Suite III and it's now left traces all over the place.

I used the cleaner.exe thing from Asus but that hasn't got rid of those sigverif references.

I saw this once before with an emulation driver called tapp.sys I think, but I was able to rectify it by uninstalling the (hidden) device from device manager.

But I have no idea where these 'devices' are for AI Suite. Things like atkex.dll etc.

sigverif thinks they're all there (17 of them) but they're not. How do I get rid of the references so sigverif doesn't 'see' them in error?

PS used ccleaner but it didn't work.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    It is not clear what exactly do you call "references".

3. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    The fact they're appearing in sigverif as 'unsigned' yet the files themselves are gone from the disk.

4. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    Fixed. They were hiding in the repository. As opposed to where sigverif reported them as being.