Nioh

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I remember the bosses much harder, in Normal mode, or maybe I just fiqure out how to beat the first 2 bosses, I have not not tried Twilight of the first 2 bosses(not including the sub missions) after the prologue though

I also remeber the fan on ps4 jump up in down in rpm alot more in the alph/abeta/last chance

The Blacksmith screen still make the fan rpm jump in to high gear every time though.

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Finnaly took care of the boss of the second mission. Hard bitch that one...

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i am bored with this game in day 3 :(

4. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Just finished the game. This was my first time ever beating a souls game and what a ride It was loved every bit of It. It's definitely not for people who are Impatient. Glad I picked this one up been Ignoring souls games for years now and this Is a much more refined and fast paced souls game overall. I totally recommend It.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    This game is sooooooooooo good

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes it is and it pissed you of to point you keeping back too

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hahaha yeah , well the game is kinda sneaky. i suspect some sort of AI when things are going to good, it just cheats so you die lol :banana:

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    tell that to the boss fights that have auto correcting attack mid air/mid attack to make sure you get hit,

Love how the warrior of the west fight the boss will do charged attacks around that rock xD

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I went back to start nioh on ps4 cause I was 4 trophy's away from platinum the game 2 that would require me less then hour of game time but other 2 require 20+ hours just to not be able to do it, the game has to be played at 60 fps period, which means 720p on ps4 dynamically going up and down resolution wise. which is why I bought it for the PC I can play it on the pc at 1440p@ 60 fps other then fact the pc port has static places where the fps drop no mater the hardware and those random crashes the Game look amazing on the PC at 1080p/1440p @60fps. as such i cant go back to 720p and 1080p@30 is not an option.

As such i cant bring my self to play it on ps4 to get those last 4 trophy's. imo only people that say this game is fine and other game like this are fine at 30 fps never seen how smooth such games are at 60 fps cause in general lots console game really at 60 fps ad target 30fps still I guess I waiting to i get a ps5 which will solve that lack of 1080p with 60 fps.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes, i had the same. Everything is just more stable on PC for this game. very noticable when it rains as well.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the rain effect on ps4 in action mode 720p res look horrid, vs at 1080p/1440p 60fps on pc particle effect are the bane of the engine though, and i dont how they managed to get static points in the game that ALWAYS drop fps you can litterly take few steap foward to spot then go backwards a few step to same spot replicated same exact FPS drop when there was no such drop on ps4. unless ps4 does have those but there are no where as noticeable? but pretty sure ps4 version has no such issue if it did I would been annoyed by long ago, Particle effect tend to have most hits on framerate on both systems.

Only thing I dont get is the cutscenes on ps4 run at 1080p @ 60fps locked according digital foundry? less i remember it wrong, but on PC there locked at 30fps regardless the res.

Beat main story like 5 times but the 3 DLC addons I have yet to finish I didnt even get past the first boss of the first DLC. I had multiple lvl 600+ characters though, sorta like skyrim I beat the main story atlest 3 times I remember but the DLC addons I have to finish Might started them all at one point but I never finished