How bad is it to go from 15.6" screen to 13"?

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Vibe, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Looking at the XPS 13 inch to upgrade from my 15.6" MacBook Pro. Mostly for the battery life but how bad is this going to hurt? I mean I try to imagine a 2 inch smaller screen size but seems like it would just make browsing the web a frustrating experience. Has anyone here gone from a larger to a smaller screen size?

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Yes, i have.
    Went from 15.6" laptop to a 14" Dell and a 12.5" Lenovo Thinkpad.First it was a bit weird, but after a few weeks i adjusted and enjoyed the portability.
    When i really needed a bigger screen,i just connected the laptop to a external monitor and that was all.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well, hope you have perfect vision or some good glasses

My laptop is 1080p, and that is bloody small at that level. This 13" is apparently 1800p, i'd put on 200% or 150% scaling personally.

I recently went from a 49" 1080p tv to a 55" 4k tv, without double scaling i cannot read shiit, your laptop is going to be the same tbh

4. DaRealGuru

DaRealGuru Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 4GB
    What are you going to be doing on it? If you plan on gaming then going to a small screen is not going to be fun, but if you are doing something more work related(data entry, coding, design) then it would not be as noticeable.

5. petermaybe

petermaybe Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB
    I used to work with two monitors and now I use a usual laptop. First it felt weird but in a couple of weeks it grew on me. If browsing the web is the main thing you're planning to do it shouldn't be a big problem