AMD Catalyst 13.4 Mod *Non-Official!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by thatguy91, Apr 24, 2013.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I've uploaded a modded version of Catalyst 13.4 based on Asder's 13.4 release. Reason for this is because of the recent way the last couple of drivers have been packaged. Hopefully a better 13.5 beta is release soon that actually has a newer driver than 13.4. As per the suggestion made in the 13.5b2 thread, people with Crossfire may benefit from the 13.5b2 driver, despite being older, due to the inclusion in that of modified crossfire code for the HD7990.

It includes the 13.4 Cap 1, which the 13.4 packages do not contain. This modded packages includes:
    - the 13.4 driver
    - the 13.3b2 16 April apps (except for OpenCL which is now driver integrated)
    - 13.4 cap 1

Most up to date package of driver and apps.

Download here:
    http://db.tt/4DECMeEM
    (self-extracting archive. Once extracted, run setup.exe. Remove old drivers and apps first!)

It does not include the required VC 2012 runtimes. The reason why I removed these is because the version included is very much outdated. If you have the VC 2012 runtimes installed on the computer, the outdated runtimes are NOT required. The C++ runtimes are like SweetFX in that it will load from the program folder first. In this sense, the catalyst install will use the old runtimes over the new ones if they are present in the folder.

Instead, download and install this:
    http://db.tt/QgDl2OQ6

It includes the absolute latest runtimes for 2005, 2008, 2010, and 2012, and uninstalls the old versions of these from your computer automatically. It does not however, remove old c++ runtimes in program folders. If you want to, you can do that manually :)

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Thanks for this.

Why not just put the newest VC runtimes in the package rather than a separate install?

when i uninstall, i wipe the VC runtimes as well, so id have to install separately.

3. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I'll be giving this a shot now. Anyone else try it yet?

Thanks OP!

4. si_s3p3t

si_s3p3t Guest

GPU:
    Ati/Mobility 4570/512Mb
    can legancy gpu used this driver? thanks

5. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It doesn't support anything that the 13.4 driver doesn't support. The only changes are the apps (CCC, AVT, WMVdecoder etc) have been replaced with the newest available, and the 13.4 App Profiles have been included also.

6. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    This should replace official whql sticky or be posted in that thread because this one is simply better.

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thank you thatguy.
    I installed them some hours ago and everything is working as expected. Good work! :D

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Nice work, but 13.5 beta 2 contains more fixes and improvements over 13.4 whql and 13.3b3 even though the driver has older d3d, ogl, ccc, etc. The compile date is newer.

9. OldMX

OldMX Member

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1660
    thanks man, awesome work.

10. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Good work mate, going to install these now :)

11. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Don't want to sound like a prick, but I already installed the official 13.4, what's the benefit of using this?

12. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    The apps of the previous 13.3b2 dated 16th April had newer components than this 13.4 whql.

The driver in 13.4 whql is newer though, so Thatguy has packed all the latest stuff together.

If you have already installed 13.4, just run the installer form the 13.3b2 and choose to update the apps only (like CCC etc etc), the driver will already be newer so it wont let you update that.

13. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Ah, I see. Thanks mate. I was just wondering because usually modded drivers claim to have performance benefits etc.

14. atoneapone

atoneapone Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    Thanks! So let me get this straight....this is essentially better to install rather than 13.4whql, while 13.5beta2 seems like a mixed bag with some benefits like potentially better crossfire, fixes and improvements, but at the expense of being less stable and buggy (since it's a beta)?

If so, I might try these out next and keep them until a better 13.5beta comes out.

UPDATE:(5/2/13)
    Just letting anyone know, that This Package never installed properly on my ASUS mobile graphics 6720g2(6520g+6650m) laptop. Tried numerous times, but it would only update the display driver on the integrated graphic card(6520g) but leave old display driver version on my dedicated card (6650m). So I just went with the official 13.4 whql version and all my games seem fine with 13.4 cap1 also installed. I'll just wait for better 13.5 later....

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yes, pretty much :)

Just remember to uninstall your old drivers first, and do a custom install. You need to manually select the application profiles in the custom install list. If you have already installed this driver and want to install the application profiles, it can simply be rerun, and you can select it (and uncheck the reinstall checkboxes for the driver etc). Unchecking the boxes just means it won't be reinstalled, it won't remove them.