low-lvl fan control tab

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Solace50, May 28, 2007.

1. Solace50

Solace50 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 560 ti 2gb SLI
    Under Low-level System tweaks peoepl say there is a fan control. Im curious is it just the driver version that would affect that tab not being displayed or not? currently on the 158.27 whql drivers i dont have that tab and the Driver-Level fan control has failed for me being none of the changes have taken effect. Thoguh overclocking works fine still yet theres still no fan control. My card is a XFX 7950 GT KO and the only other possible way i think to change my fan control is through bios and im not quite ready to void my warranty. Also if someone think im just doing something wrong under driver fan control let me know, ive follwoed multiple guides regarding setting up fan control and still cant seem to get it to work.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

RTFM!
    Low-level fan control tab is only available on display adapters with extrarnal PWM fan controller connected to I2C bus (LM63 and clones, ADT7473 and Finteks). These are ATI X8x0 and X1000, NVIDIA 7800GTX, 7900GTX and 8800 series. Your card don't have such controller by design.
    Driver-level fan control tab is available and functional only on reference design cards having reference cooling system, supported by ForceWare driver.

And the question was alsready addressed today in sticky 2.01 thread.

3. Solace50

Solace50 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 560 ti 2gb SLI
    I did read the manual... i only saw 7800GTX under the descriptions and didnt know if it applied to my card since its is considered high end and had no clue if it had what the manual said in it.

One other simple question the Refrence Duty Fan Cycle under hardware monitor. Is there any reasons for rivatuner not to being displayed properly? its detecting my core tmpature fine andlaunching the profiles but the Ref duty cycle still is displayed as 20/30

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No. It is displaying actual state. If it is not changing - your fan cannot be controlled by reference ForceWare's fan control mechanisms. And it is also explained in manual.