New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I can't see how it won't be faster than the 1080, to be completely honest. Depending on the efficiency they manage with the new tessellator and the L2/tiled rasterization, they might actually get to Titan XP territory.

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Considering there should be 37% boost in clock speeds that should translate to 1080 performance alone if they never did anything else to the damn thing.

But to me all points it to being closer to 1080 ti then 1080.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yah, they already said the MI25 is 12.5Tflops - given 4096 cores (been rumored multiple times) that's roughly 1.5ghz clockspeed which is perfectly doable and that's for the workstation card, which is often underclocked.

It's definitely going to trade blows with the Ti, which is probably Nvidia did the whole Titan X(P) shift up thing.

4. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    This was posted earlier on in the thread and the conclusion was that he's talking bollocks.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    This was already discussed. He is wrong. Also he didn't say it was delayed he just gave a date.

6. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    a news item over at that wcc..etc site tells about AMD announcing officially it is coming this quarter, of which we are one month in already. so Soon !

Can't wait to hear some details though ^^

Most half decent conjecture points at late May or more likely early June time release

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ATI/AMD: Radeon RX Vega Performance Compared To GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and Titan Xp Looks Really Nice

AMD has revealed an interesting detail on the performance of their upcoming Radeon RX Vega series graphics cards. According to team red, the Radeon RX Vega would be very competitive against NVIDIA based enthusiast graphics cards.

In an AMA session regarding Ryzen CPUs with Tomshardware, AMD’s Desktop CPU marketing manager revealed an interesting tidbit on the performance of Vega based graphics card. The AMD representative revealed that the card is being internally tested and the performance they have seen is very good when compared to the competition.

According to Don, the Radeon RX Vega performance compared to the likes of NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and the Titan Xp looks really nice. This sounds great as Vega will be putting AMD back in the enthusiast market after a long wait since the Radeon R9 Fury X. The Radeon R9 Fury X was launched two years back and many users have been waiting for a new high-end graphics card from AMD’s RTG. Here’s the entire quote from the AMA:

" PandaNation: Why are FreeSync monitors so much cheaper than their G-Sync counterparts? I know you won’t be able to say much, but how does Vega compare to the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti and the Nvidia Titan Xp? Big fan of AMD, thinking of doing a Mini-ITX Ryzen 5 build. Keep up the good work!

DON WOLIGROSKI: FreeSync is cheaper because it’s an open standard. In many cases a panel manufacturer can make a FreeSync panel by changing their monitor’s firmware and having it meet the spec. For G-Sync, Nvidia charges a licensing fee. Because of this differentiation alone, I think the inevitable future is FreeSync.

Vega performance compared to the Geforce GTX 1080 Ti and the Titan Xp looks really nice."

There have been rumors saying that the Radeon RX Vega graphics card is just as fast as GTX 1080 but this bit confirms that it will be more than that. It seems very likely that RX Vega is a going to compete against NVIDIA in the flagship enthusiast product department in both price and performance. The Titan Xp is fast compared to the 1080 Ti but not by a huge margin. In fact, custom models of the 1080 Ti do end up being on par or faster than the Titan Xp so we can see a 1080 Ti competitor based on Vega matching the 1080 Ti and also coming close to the Titan Xp at a lower price.

8. Gaidax

Gaidax Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X
    Can't conclude anything from that, although "nice" sounds a bit too reserved for my taste.

9. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Guys,you didn't understand yet???
    AMD is a B grade and always will.Big mouth is all they have...

10. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Still going to be a damn sight faster than a 1080 though ;)

Still this time around I will be a little disappointed if they are not at Least on equal footings with the 1080ti or faster even.
    As it is the dawn of 4K freesync screens becoming more commonplace for gaming, so if they cannot maintain a good quality 60fps then they will have missed the boat for many of us.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    So you prefer having a monopoly that has no incentive to innovate? Look at Intel and how they've regurgitated their CPU design since Sandy Bridge?

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Yeah, my GTX 680 is still so much faster than that stupid 7970. :infinity:

13. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
  14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
  15. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Looks to me that they are saying Vega will perform about between Titan X Pascal and the 1080Ti

when you start scaling up GFlops or effective clock speed up from the mentioned Vega Boost speed of only 1200MHz

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Looking at that, they say performance between 1070 and 1080. But closerto1080.

17. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
  18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Yea lets have 2006-2008 all over again. That was the absolute worst era of GPUS for anyone who is not a rabbid ignorant fanboy.

Nvidia just has a bigger following or blind sheeple like Apple.

I use both sides in all of my rigs. Ironically, my AMD has the least bit of trouble.
    The fact nvidia control panel lags on a 550mb read SSD is effin pathetic.

Cant wait for vega. I really wanted to do a 6c/12t ryzen build but Ill just keep what I have for now and get a new gpu. Ill get the Ryzen refresh.

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Nobody is looking at the Linux driver, as if it isn't AMD that's writing it, or that it doesn't effect anything. Since the days of AMDGPU the Linux driver is basically a reflection of the Windows driver that had to be submitted earlier, just because of the approval requirements of the kernel. AMD is moving to a unified driver for both Linux and Windows. Vega probably has the most driver development pre-release than any other AMD GPU. This is going to be very interesting.

It's really sad when people actually like monopolies. I wish that it wasn't only AMD going against both Intel and NVIDIA at the same time, because loving a free market seems to immediately make us AMD fanboys or something, which is gross. I don't care about any damn company, just my performance/dollar, and that's not getting any better with monopolies around.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017