AMD Catalyst 16.6.1 Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by jaju123, Jun 6, 2016.

1. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    I just hope that near 29th we will see a new driver 16.7 with will bring RX 400 series support and will bring also the new Overdrive app
    so that way I could use build-in gpu tweak app and stop using MSI Afterburner (with btw I use since like 5 years now)

I hope it will be as good or even better in some way then MSI Afterburner. (finger crossed)

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    16.6.2 and no i dont think we are gonna have support for new overdrive in the beggining.

3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    The driver will be 16.6.2 if it does indeed come, 16.7 would be July's release

The second number is always the current month with AMD ie 16.6 = year 2016 month june

4. Powerwolf

Powerwolf Guest

GPU:
    i've been having problems lately with browsing sites like dai*******n and *clears throat* brazzers... Every browser acts the same, Edge, Firefox, Chrome... I can open one or two videos fine, but the more videos I open the more CPU and memory gets used and the PC is unusable until I close the browser. Not so much the videos, but the menus and buttons I have the feeling are not working as smooth as possible

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    dai*******n ?

Daikon something something??

[​IMG]

Well I guess...I've read enough "quality" manga and such to know it's a fairly versatile vegetable so... :p

Anyway enough about that.

You mean something this mentioned here right?
    https://m.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4nfrog/1661_still_causing_video_playback_corruption/

Random flashing black "flicker" on tabs with HW acceleration with Firefox / IE / Chrome in newer Crimson drivers and general browser stability issues.

It seems to be a clock issue with VRAM not properly initializing low power state since one of the 16.5.x drivers on certain GPU models (Even with power efficiency off.) so disabling HW acceleration seems to be the most simple solution although manually setting clock speeds via a utility like Afterburner could possibly also work (It's the suggested method in the Reddit URL I posted.) although I have not tested it myself, enforcing constant voltage via AB could perhaps work too but would mean it will run in 3D speed mode thus with a higher power draw and a slight temp increase.

As the Reddit post mentions it's fairly common after watching a Youtube or similar HTML5 / Flash (with HW acceleration enabled.) video and then some websites just behave erratically and can even cause the display driver to actually crash. (And hopefully then gracefully reset without a PC restart being required.)

I'm not quite sure on the posts saying this could potentially damage the GPU itself but the unstable power fluctuation or what it is causing this if it's not properly initializing the lower clock state is problematic already if it's causing display driver crashes though if it can be proven to actually be detrimental to the GPU hardware itself that would make it a pretty critical issue so hopefully AMD has a fix planned for it in a upcoming driver already.
    (There seems to be several people who have sent reports about this behavior both on sites like this here on Reddit and AMD's own support forum and their form for error reporting.)

6. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
  7. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
  8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    So they will release the driver only for RX 480 it seems....

Rip dreams....

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Driver comes with a newer Vulkan runtime, 1.0.1.3 now instead of 1.0.1.1 although the latest going by the SVN is 1.0.1.8 I think, might be even newer now since last I checked as it's moving pretty quickly. :)
    (Seems to be mainly fixes for actual development though and not affecting stuff like performance or compatibility or how to say.)

EDIT: Driver version from the .inf file.

1606081100-16.20-160604a-303276E.6
    (For 16.6.1 it's 1606021823-16.20.1025-160602a-303160E )

EDIT: Comparing the .inf files directly.

AMDh265Enc32.dll=SignatureAttributes.PETrust
    AMDh265Enc64.dll=SignatureAttributes.PETrust

Two new .dll files for what I guess is 32 and 64 bit h265 encoding?

ati2mtag_Polaris10_PX

Some Polaris specific setting?
    (EDIT: Actually might be for specifying Overdrive settings for this GPU model.)

HKR,, PP_DisableVoltageIsland, %REG_DWORD%, 1
    HKR,, EnableVceSwClockGating, %REG_DWORD%, 1
    HKR,, EnableUvdClockGating, %REG_DWORD%, 1
    HKR,, DisableVCEPowerGating, %REG_DWORD%, 0
    HKR,, DisableUVDPowerGatingDynamic, %REG_DWORD%, 1
    HKR,, DisableVceClockGating, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Overdrive changes?

HKR,, EnableLBPWSupport, %REG_DWORD%, 0
    HKR,, DisableFBCForFullScreenApp, %REG_SZ%, 1
    (EDIT: What is LBPW and FBC?)
    (EDIT: FBC = Frame Buffer Compression ?)

? Settings?

HKR,,RadeonSoftwareVersion,,"16.5.2"

Identifies as a version 16.5.2 driver?
    (String was probably just not updated.)

HKR, "UMD\DXVA", VForceUVDH265OEM, %REG_SZ%, "3"

New DXVA/UMD setting for h265?

AMD67DF.1 = "Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics"

So that's what the GPU model is called.
    (Also Polaris10 meaning Polaris11 is probably the 470)

10. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Not so fast, this is probably a press driver for reviewing the rx480, like it is often te case with new videocards. We have had lots of drivers being released for particular cards here, but these practically never stayed exclusive for that one card when they released it to the public. No reason to draw conclusions like this from a leaked driver.

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    You are right,

I mostly care about driver and improvements...

I dont care about the new GPU...

Thats why i said rip dreams :p

I want the new OC tool on my 380.

12. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    It's not 16.6.2. It's a modified 16.6.1 with 480 support :(

13. BoMbY

BoMbY Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    I installed the CNext only, and the WattMan stuff seems to be in the binaries, but it does not activate on my Fury X. Maybe missing some settings, some DLL, or simply hardcoded hardware ID check.

Edit:

[​IMG]

Edit2:

There is more in the strings:

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it might have an activation key, and will become active on the 29th after phoning home.

15. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016

16. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
  17. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Obviously for AMD. I used CRU before but it is different compare to that nv utility. I can restore all my custom resolutions with 6 mouse clicks, ok i was just counted it. It was 8 clicks.(as many as resolutions i like to) . I can restart driver anytime i wish with that utility .

18. Adiurd

Adiurd Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    Sorry.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016