Need advice on choosing a video card

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Ryukrieger, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Ryukrieger

Ryukrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm planning on building my new PC around Christmas this year, as I'm a student, I'm saving up money for the sales around Christmas (or end year sale, or clearance sale in January, etc...). I have most other parts sorted out but here I'm asking about video cards, I have a friend who is willing to sell me a GTX 560Ti for just 50$, I would obviously take that. But I'd like to know the opinions on this cards' performance in the future in comparison of newer cards, because as I see, the developments of graphics technology is progressing fast along with the next-gen console.

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    If you're not building until Christmas there's not much point in looking at stuff now, let alone already old tech such as the 560ti. Wait until you've the cash to build and look for parts then, as you said yourself tech advances quickly. What's relevant now probably wont be in 8 months.

3. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Listen to him bud.....

Totally agree, Listen to him bud. And by Christmas you can probably get a more update card cheap at that time also. Just wait till you have cash and come back in here and ask again.

4. Ryukrieger

Ryukrieger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I see, I was a bit too rushed, thanks for the replies, guys.