Official Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Bukkake, Jan 18, 2013.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yes, same concept as with the S4.

2. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Love my Note 3. The s-pen is even more responsive,. The screen is gorgeous, & it feels much better in hand than the Note 2. Definitely worth the upgrade.

3. Rachel S

Rachel S Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    stupid question i know, but new to all this as well as the forums

Got note 2 in march, never had android.
    Got a few apks, mainly use for music, AutoDesk sketchbook app and emulators. Cant believe can play PSP,N64 and DS games. INSANE

but always wondered WHY i would root.
    I would like to change the screen, mainly for music controls on the lock screen. One of the few decent thinks they did on WP7

OH and stupid programs running after i close them. Like once an hour.
    Im looking at you google maps, email and the 10 other wierd stuff that i never launch.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Crashed ma bicycle.

Broke my screen :/

No visible cracks either, just didn't power on, thing still worked as well. Expensive repair. Also my arm is pretty sore, constant stinging.

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Rooting enables undervolting and/or putting a core in the CPU to sleep in most power management apps, which means longer battery life on standby.
    Most power users would undervolt and overclock in order to get the most out of the CPU while not draining the battery too much.

Rooting also enables various frameworks such as Xposed in order to get certain customizations or even security fixes.
    There are other things like using Seeder, an RNG (Random Number Generator) app that keeps the random number pool populated enough so that apps or the OS itself doesn't lag.
    Or using AdAway, which basically acts like an AdBlock (although it's more akin to how Spybot S&D's immunization works if you've used it on Windows) for (free) apps that includes inline ads.

Most power management apps like Battery Doctor (from KS Mobile) are able to kill those background apps when you're not using your phone (when the screen is off), provided you have root access.

So, yeah, having root access is nice. :p

6. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    To those still faithful to their Note 2, Android Revolution HD (ARHD) 20.1 is out.
    Based on official Sammy 4.3, no KNOX, XXUEML6.
    Having at least MJ5 bootloader is a must, unless you don't mind applying a patch so your Wi-Fi works properly.

7. Rachel S

Rachel S Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Thanks
    are the apps themselves safe? Is there a way to run a check on them myself.
    I hear you should look at the requirement requests for the apps when installing.
    But half the games and apps that are legit are saying they require all phone access to contacts and storage. And maybe some times is a legit reason like inviting someone to the app or game, or taking a screen shot to place on storage. But even the legit apps been known to havest details.

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Rebought a Note 2 LTE.

Arrived, but it looked off, screen bezel is black, spend an hour trying to determine if it's fake, it's real, but it's had the screen glass replaced.

Except it's not really, it's not just got a layer of plastic over the actual screen, I can literally press the middle of the screen and it will touch the screen underneath.

God damn, I would not have paid 230 for that, it knocks off like 50 from the value.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Run this and see what it says:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo&hl=en

Could it have one of the tempered glass screen protectors on?

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Had a look at that and it checks out, I did an IMEI number check thing on a website and it also says legit. It's an italian note 2 for some reason.

But nah, it's not got a screen protector, I've ordered a tempered glass one to replace the lack of glass layer on the phone though.

I still have my broken note 2, and I think the screen works on that still, so I might go to a repair shop and ask the guy to switch the screens around and see if it works.

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well, to be honest, all Android apps are as malicious as you're allowing it to.
    You'll get to review their permissions on every install, so if you found that you don't want to give them that much then cancel the installation.