MSI 780 Ti Lightning Will not Be Released Anytime Soon

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    If this is the case then it kind of makes me wonder when Nvidia is going to yank that leash on EVGA about the Classified line.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    EVGA have probably been playing ball with nvidia without issues, msi 670 power edition anyone?
    if nvidia pull the classys they can go jump off a cliff.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Well if push comes to shove, EVGA may not have a choice if given an ultimatum. At least MSI has AMD to fall back on if they tell Nvida to shove it just like XFX did.

5. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    The fact that EVGA dedicate their brand to Nvidia may be the reason for the Classy and Kingpin going ahead for availability. All other brands have no allegiance.

6. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Classified
    It almost makes me wonder if EVGA isn't actually owned by Nvidia.
    Maybe some of you know how to trace the owners and major stock holders of EVGA to confirm/deny this little speculation.
    I do know that actual corporate ownership is a difficult thing to prove.
    Especially here in America where tax lawyers are expert on corporate ambiguity as to who actually owns what.
    If Nvidia actually owned EVGA, then it would certainly be in their best interest to keep other companies from using Nvidia gpu's to their fullest extent.
    Also quite illegal. Multi-national restraint of free trade is always more difficult to prove.
    The evidence is there, though. Nvidia allows EVGA to do things with their gpu's no other company is allowed to do.

7. weedster

weedster Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD5870 1gb
    what are they waiting for then, aren't their next GPU's suppose to come out soon ??

8. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    Evga is the premier graphics card producer/partner for Nvidia. Nvidia selected them, that is why you see "unlocked" products from Evga and nobody else(i mean 780 Ti here) since they have the "TOP" producer/partner status with Nvidia. Obviously, this means that they trust EVGA to showcase their products at their best, first. If EVGA has a lot of stock with Classifieds and Kingpin editions, nobody else would be allowed to compete with their best producer and rob them of the profits. All of this is also confirmed with EVGA being exclusive with Nvidia graphics cards only so they will get the best treatment first. MSI on the other hand also produces AMD Radeons and Nvidia really really reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly doesnt like this. For example, look at XFX, they have been dumped like a 2$ prostitute in the trenches when they refused to go Nvidia exclusive and were removed from being an official partner for Nvidia... In the end, I think this classifies Nvidia as a zealot IMO. ;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  9. weedster

weedster Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD5870 1gb
    wow really, thats lame ! they want the monopoly those stupid bastards

10. steelsix

steelsix Member

GPU:
    780Ti Classified
    big green..

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Just a rumor but...
    [​IMG]

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    bringing mantle to nvidia gpu near you.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Lol. Well at least MSI still has the 290x Lightning coming out. Now that MSI has been removed from my sh!t list, I may get 2 of them to play around with.