Question about Trident Blade Video card

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kimmim, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Kimmim

Kimmim Guest

I know nothing about video graphics and was asked to advise a family members on the purchase of an inexpensive computer for a 10 year olds first time use. (the family thinks I'm an expert because I am good with many of the office products and can find my way around the computer and internet) He wants to be able to play games and I don't know how to tell if the video card in the computer will be good enough for him. I have tried to find game specs for video card compatability but did not have much luck.

It says it contains:
    Intergrated trident Blade 3D/Pro Media AGP 4x graphics w/ 8 MB shared video memory.

:( I am not looking forward to what may happen if he can't play the games he wants so any help would be appriciated.

Thanks so much!

PLEASE SEE POST BELOW FOR EXTRA INFORMATION

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2002
  2. Dave

Dave Don Fredo Corleone

Wow this was in the wrong spot.

at 10 years old, you ought to be able to slap a geforce 2mx or something better than that for about $50 Trident, was good about 6 years ago.

3. David Deed

David Deed Don Alfa Terga Inconiti

GPU:
    Geforce 6600
    you can buy a geforce 2 gts-v

double the speed of a gf2mx

4. Kimmim

Kimmim Guest

extra info

I really should have mentioned one other thing. :O

This family member is looking for a system that is inexpensive. (I know, you get what you pay for) :rolleyes:

Wal-Mart.com has a Microtel 800 MHz PC and the Trident is part of the system. I did not want to get into trying to upgrade for them it would only end up into a big mess. So I guess what I am asking is will today's games work with this? I would love to just bow out of this but I am stuck.

Thanks!

5. David Deed

David Deed Don Alfa Terga Inconiti

GPU:
    Geforce 6600
    how much you willing to spend?