counter-strike settings

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by elkdad, Sep 24, 2002.

1. elkdad

elkdad Guest

Does anyone have a good reference on the best way to set up the video for counter-strike?

I think the box I checked at the bottom will tell you what kind of system I'm running.

Thanks,

elkdad

2. elkdad

elkdad Guest

Well, maybe not...

A7V333 / 2100+ / 512MB / Ti4400 / Audigy / Plexwriter / WD 100 GB / Swifty 462 / etc.

3. DeathWalker

DeathWalker Guest

i always use opengl 1024*768 i leave the gamma alone since its fine for me if that's what you wanted to know

4. elkdad

elkdad Guest

Thanks, I'll try it like that.

5. UnReaL

UnReaL Guest

1280x960 OpenGL here. Gamma adjusted to fit the monitor.

6. elkdad

elkdad Guest

Counter-strike video settings...

So, I set the openGL up as proposed. Interestingly enough, some of the maps have a strange effect. The sky gets painted over by things like roofs -- it's kind of psychedelic if you ask me. It doesn't happen in all the maps, but I don't remember seeing those kinds of things before I put Windows XP Pro on it. I'm thinking of returning to Win98SE. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

7. -=ArCaNe=-

-=ArCaNe=- Guest

ArC's Fancy CS GFX Guide.

Just while we r on the subject of CS video settings, it depends what u want out of CS, this is a few tips from me, as we r in the guru of 3d forums, and eye candy is the name of the game...

This is my CS Fancy GFX guide...

1) Install CS and any relevent updates and maps.
    2) Install Fusion pack 7.0 (IMPORTANT)
    3) In ur config add these settings...

gl_texturemode "gl_linear_mipmap_linear"
    gl_max_size "512"

Select Video Mode to OpenGL at resolution of at 1152x864

Then force CS to use 32bpp by adding -32bpp to the command line.

Then select 4x AA and 4x AF and best image quality.

Bare in mind anything less that a GF4 and this may not run well, if u r on a GF3 for example, try setting AA to 2x, and leaving it at 16bpp and things like that, experiment.

nothing is worth Frames per second dropping below 60 - 70 in CS, NOTHING coz that will make it harder t play properly.

I MYSELF REFUSE 2 play with anything less than 99FPS I advise the same for everybody else.

8. SyNaPs

SyNaPs Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9700 AIW Pro
    Re: ArC's Fancy CS GFX Guide.

lol :p

9. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    Dropping from 99 to 60 and you won't notice jack. Drop to say 30-40 and you'll see a big difference.

10. elkdad

elkdad Guest

So what's fusion pack 7.0? Some kind of add-on? Where can I download it or is this something I have to buy?

11. -=ArCaNe=-

-=ArCaNe=- Guest

goto www.google.com, and type in fusion pack 7

and d/l wherever u can, I got my latest pack Fusion pack 7.0 Gold Edition, of Kazaa, as that 1 u have 2 buy.

but WOW its GREAT !!!

Also, to milenko, drippoing from 99 - 60 actually u can notice a big difference, for a start you will be missing frames, and will not be able to place ur enemys as accuratly depending on what ur cl_cmdrate is set to, what I said stands, I advise 99 frames per second and no less.

Personally.

ArC.

12. Sphinx

Sphinx Guest

13. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    The fusion pack's good for player skins and the change of the way cs looks, but I don't really care for the gun skins. So I just download a whole bunch and install 'em. The pulse rifle is still my favorite.

14. Raiden007

Raiden007 Guest

I prefer to keep my CS settings default, although I do tweak my connection w/ settings such as rate, cl_rate, cl_cmdrate etc etc. I just don't think it's right to change your skins, gun models and all of that. I mean, you could essentially download all bright orange skins, so the players were much easier to see, infact cheating. Oh well, to each his own. If you're only pubbing not a big deal, but if you ever play on playing in a clan or any leagues, might as well play default, cause that is what you have to use there.

Raid

15. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    I don't see how gun skins would be considered cheating. But I can see your point about the player skins. . .

16. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    Ok.. had some experience with skins, well others using them anyways. Basically gun skins are usually ok, but when you have a cross hair on the sniper rifles, i consider that mild cheating, as the game designers didnt give a cross hair for a reason. But i woundnt mind having one for normal gaming, but for clan matches i think they should be removed for the fair play thang.

Player skins are a pain in the arse, specially when the skin is custom and they have basically made themselves the same colour as the background !

The one thing Falcon and i found. Was a nasty little custom spray. It was a T spray that got sprayed all over Siege. We were CT and couldnt tell if the T's were sprays or not. THAT is annoying and cheating ! A server side command to disable custom sprays kinda helps.