An issue with updating my driver.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Sebbern, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Sebbern

Sebbern Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Every time I attempt to update my Nvidia driver I always get issues. I have tried both beta drivers and releases, but I still get a lot of random freezes inside and outside of games.

So yeah, I have really no idea what to do. Every time I update I have to rollback, because I can't handle the random freezes, even if I get an extra 5 fps in some games.

Currently sitting at GeForce 314.22 Driver (as it is the latest driver I have before the 320 drivers) at the moment because nothing after 320 works properly.

So... any suggestions? Just tell me if I have to provide something, as I will gladly do so.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    dam that sounds like Nvidia LOL!!! sorry mate i don't know :( any Nvidia techs here?

3. Sebbern

Sebbern Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    "That sounds like Nvidia"

Issues like this happen to most companies with products like these. It is most likely something on my end as it is working for a good deal of people at least.

I guess I can still sit on the 310 drivers until the 330 drivers come out. Still working great.

4. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    i was kidding LOL!!! personal experience i have never had luck with those cards unfortunately... so i can't help u :(

5. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Most of the drivers from the 320 branch have some problems so far, wether they are stability ones or just causing crashes, for example the latest beta doesnt like unreal engine 3 games, as they tend to crash the most.

I strongly recommend for you to keep 314.22, because so far they have proven to be the most solid ones.

I am using 314.22 as well and they are a smooth sail so far.

Read around a bit about every new driver release in Nvidia driver section, and wait until most of the people report there is no more crashes, desktop lockups etc. and then upgrade, until then dont install newer versions unless you are forced too.

And as for you and most of your posts I've read so far on this forum, you would be better off keeping quiet instead of not helping with your comments, and mostly just spamming topics around the forum.

6. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    Grow up!!!

7. Sebbern

Sebbern Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Hmm, alright. I'll do so.

8. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    sebbern i am talking to Mraz sorry :(

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    OP when you install new drivers do you do a custome install and check the clean install box or do you just install over the old driver?

This is a troll post SOLLER stop this sh!t now or you will not be on the site much longer.

10. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    dude i am not doing anything... can't u take a joke?

11. Sebbern

Sebbern Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Tried both, neither worked

Take it in a PM.

12. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
  13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Then I'd go with Mraz's advice and stay where you are until you are forces to update for a game.

14. Sebbern

Sebbern Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Alright.