1. Bleakstar93

Bleakstar93 Member

Hi guys, I have a wee problem. I have a HDTV into which I have plugged my 360 and my ps3, some p[roblem I know, but the thing is that my girlie also games so I came up with a solution-hook my ps3 up tio my hdcp compliant lcd monitor, it is only capable of 720p but to my understanding, most of the games on the ps3 are 720p anyway. so great, I get the cords home wire it up and....blank screen city I have tried everything including new cabls, can anyone shed light on this little dilemma?

2. rogue71

rogue71 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5870 / 3x U2410
    stupid question but did you select the right input on the lcd??
    i know i can have 3 sources on mine but u gotta change the input source on the monitor to select what you want(just like you do for a tv when you watch a dvd..)

3. Bleakstar93

Bleakstar93 Member

I did do that. as far as I can tell there is no hdcp handshake going on.

4. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    not too familiar with the PS3 as I have only a 360 and my PC, but did you set the resolution down to something compatible, prior to moving it to the new screen?

5. solder42

solder42 New Member

I love PS3, its just awesome, totaly realistic grafics. Like it :)

6. HanShot1st

HanShot1st Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870 512mb DDR5
    Do you get a picture for a brief moment and then a black screen, or just black screen immediately?

IMO, either the PS3 is trying to send an unsupported resolution to the LCD, or your LCD is not HDCP compliant.

It's also possible that even though your LCD is HDCP compliant, it is not handshaking properly with the PS3. This is actually pretty common with older monitors/HDTVs that are HDCP compliant.