1080 Ti AIO

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by cryohellinc, Mar 5, 2017.

1. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Hyped for 1080Ti, seems it will be a perfect solution for my 3440x1440 resolution. As in the long run i planned to get a second 1080, however considering all of the issues with SLI, i gladly will pass on that.

Now any news on vendors offering All in one cooler solutions for 1080Ti?

Evga / MSI / Gigabyte had AIO versions, i assume Ti will as well be covered with those.

2. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Not sure, but Ti should be more based on TXP and there is no TXP AIO solution right now but I just would think so EVGA with MSI will be releasing AIO cards or solutions for TI, if not then I would wait on EK Predator AIO and use their prefilled WB for TXP

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Makes perfect sense, thanks Jura for an idea.

However I personally would really like some imagination on behalf of vendors, as an example a custom PCB.

It appears that with current situation on market in terms of SLI, and how it works in general; prices of Titan's and overall " go for single GPU or suffer " tendency upgrading to every version of Ti card makes sense. Hell they say its 35% faster than 1080. For a single GPU in that price category, that's pretty impressive.

However time will tell.

4. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    You could always buy a standard Evga GTX 1080 hybrid kit and Install It manually on the new Ti If you don't want to wait. However you won't be able to use the Included Evga shroud unless you do some cutting which Is required for It to fit. but other than that the cooler fits perfectly, that's what I did for my Titan XP.

The end result will look like this
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm a big fan of keeping the warranty intact if at all possible. :)

6. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    You could always Install the stock cooler back anytime though ;)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I guess sooner or later one will come around, it might just take a bit, as iirc, such "special" board and cooler layouts usually come a little later in the cycle than air coolers.

8. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I'll just be buying something like an MSI gaming and then using my Kraken G10 with H55.

The MSI gaming has been a good choice to use with a Kraken G10 from 980ti,1070,1080 series as you can keep its mid plate in place to cool VRM's and mount your AIO without using a shim.

9. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    The itch is getting stronger, and yet we still haven't heard a word from manufacturers about pre-made AIO.

10. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    I used the arctic hybrid 140 III for a while on my 1080, ugly thing that was, it did cool the gpu well though, didn't like the stock VRM fan it came with(too whimpy) and replaced it with a corsair high RPM one. That's what i don't like about the standalone AIOs, they either have no Memory cooling or the VRM cooling is lacking or both.

The hybrid didn't even have any memory heatsinks so i bought some copper ones. Last week i reinstalled the old strix stock cooler. My advice is don't go with AIOs unless it's made by the manufacturer. It looks waaay better, and no risk of losing the warranty and at least with those the VRM is cooled decently.

11. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Well that's why im waiting for it. No offense to anyone that makes AIO's themselves, however i dont have cash to throw around, or play with RMA's. I rather take it as a whole package, and keep warranty. Hence why im so eager for manufacturers to introduce AIO's soon (im looking at you EVGA / MSI ).

12. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Waiting for 2 EVGA's hybrid FTW!!!.

IF not that, the gigabyte air cooled one.

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    MSI SeaHawk 1080Ti will be released sooner or later.

14. hekidnappedher

hekidnappedher Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    EVGA has confirmed to me through Twitter that the AIO cooler for the Ti is coming.

15. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Thank you for the heads up.

Do you know if they will be releasing just the normal hybrid one or both the normal hybrid and the FTW(upgraded Vrm's) edition?