voodoo2 and nhl2001

Discussion in 'Videocards - 3dfx' started by Guest, Oct 1, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Im having a major problem getting my new game to run. I have a voodoo2 card and I just downloaded direct X 7.0a along with the latest drivers for the card(v2-w9x-3.02.02). When I click the icon on my desktop to load the game the screen goes blue and i get a message "A FATAL EXCEPTION 0D HAS OCCURED AT 0028:C93AC6EE IN VXD FxMEMMAP(01)+000003BE. THE CURRENT APPLICATION WILL BE TERMINATED". After pressing a key i am sent back to my desktop. I tried to change some of the settings in the diplay properties but i noticed that i wasnt able to change from the 60 mhz refresh rate. The slider is stuck there. please tell me what im doing wrong. Or if you ahve any suggestions I would highly appreciate it. My email adress is sgt888@yahoo.com

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    For the gamma setting u could use a Voodoo2 tweaker from the downloads section of the page.As for the fatal error,if it is happening with just that one game , then try to find a patch for that game .Also check if u uninstalled the previous drivers correctly.<BR>If nothing works and the previous drivers worked correctly then i think u should downgrade(I also hate downgrading)your drivers.