ATT resetting color calibration

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by Cruachan47, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Cruachan47

Cruachan47 Member

GPU:
    (PCI-E) Radeon X1950 Pro
    Hi,

In the past I think, if I remember correctly, I resolved this problem by checking "Disable low level color correction" under general Options. However, this doesn't appear to be working under ATT v1.3.6.1042 with the 8.9 Cats.

A color calibration .icm profile created by Spyder2Express is loaded automatically at startup and this appears fine for general 2D use, including photo image editing. However, as soon as I run 3D games in full screen like Flight Simulator or Space Shuttle Mission 2007, for example, these settings are lost and the monitor ( Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22" LCD Display Monitor (1680x1050x32) reverts to it's appalling default factory set blue bias. This situation remains on exiting back to the desktop and I can only recover the Spyder2Express profile calibration settings by reverting back to the Auto Balanced Direct 3D Profile in ATT. In fact, selecting any one of the 3 provided Direct3D Profiles in ATT achieves this result and, in this situation, will restore the Spyder2Express .icm color profile, but only for 2D.

It's a while since I had to resolve this problem in the past, so it's very possible I've forgotten to do something else in ATT to stop this from happening. I should add that I had no issues under the Cats 7.10 with ATT v1.2.6.964 and the "Disable low level color correction" fix worked fine.

As yet, I have not started re-establishing my preferred tweaks in this version of ATT and I have not created any additional Direct3D Profiles.

I hope you can help me fix or work around this issue.

Thanks.

Mike

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. EAKMotorsports

EAKMotorsports New Member

GPU:
    ATI M Radeon HD3470
    I have problem too

3. Cruachan47

Cruachan47 Member

GPU:
    (PCI-E) Radeon X1950 Pro
    I've since discovered that it's the graphics driver that does the resetting and not ATT :(

Mike

4. hotswank

hotswank Member

GPU:
    Palit HD4870 SonicDual512
    Solution

I know this is an old thread but someday you will need this info :)

Go to Video & Colors > Color Settings... create color profile and save name. Check 'Load selected profile at startup' so it says 'saved name'.