E-Dimensional Glasses No Longer Work

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Adam_D, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Adam_D

Adam_D Guest

I had these for a year now and they've always worked just fine. Since upgrading to the new 56.64 drivers however, I haven't been able to get them to turn on. Whether "enabled" or " hot key enabled" the test application remains 2D. I've checked all the hardware connections and I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers again. I assume this is a software problem anyway as the test application should go to 3D regardless of the hardware (I think). I have an Asus TI4200 for a vid card.

Any thoughts?

2. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    You can do one of two things either get the ED activator form E-D and have to activate the glasses manually or uninstall all drivers use a driver cleaner, and delete the reg keys for Nvidia (HkeyLocalMachine/software/NVidia Corp.) and reinstall.

3. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    You need to have both the 56.64 stereo and forceware.
    Also i've noticed that sometimes (most of the times :rooleyes: ) they drivers won't kick in stereo even if you press the hotkeys, unless you are in a menu or something that doesn't use the keys.

4. Adam_D

Adam_D Guest

Marley: Thanks, I'll see if I can get that from E-D.

Glidefan: I do have the correct 3D forceware drivers and I've even tried to get the glasses to work from within a couple of games, thinking that the test app was the thing that was not working. But I can't even get them to twitch!

I'll post here with my progress and if anyone else some comments, please post them.

5. Jrailer

Jrailer Master Guru

GPU:
    285 evga
    ya but did you get the new stereo driver too??

6. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Remembered to do the medical test? You HAVE to do it, and choose to enabled it when it askes you.

7. biosylum

biosylum Guest

just re-install

Go get the driver/cab file cleaner program in the downloads section (read the instructions) - uninstall 3D stereo drivers, uninstall nvidia drivers, reboot, kill OS attempt to find drivers, run cleaner program, reboot if you like, reinstall nvidia 56.64 drivers, reboot, reinstall stereo drivers, reboot, go into CP and test 3D - should work fine ....bios

8. Adam_D

Adam_D Guest

I got this from E-Dimensional:

I couldn't find the "stereoenable" but I did find a "stereodefaulton" which I changed to a '1" and that didn't work. I then tried Biosylum's suggestion and that didn't work either. I just think there is a big time bug in the latest driver. I replied to E-Dimensional and I'll let you guys know what they said.

9. biosylum

biosylum Guest

I doubt it has anything to do with the drivers, as too many ppl have great success with these drivers. If it was a driver issue, then you could revert back to previous drivers quite easily, and see your glasses work just fine - but I think you'll find you can't (but its worth a try, just to prove its a driver issue). But even if you get that to work, then it becomes an issue of "why is this just happening to you?". In my dealings with these glasses, I've seen seemingly every kind of trouble crop up. I am constantly screwing up the stereo driver while testing different settings - which occasionally calls for a complete fresh install of everything, OS included. In fact, until you have installed everything fresh, and still can't get the glasses to work, I don't think you can blame the drivers. These things are tricky, until you really get the hang of setting them up, and adjusting them.

In the long run, unless you are confident of what you are doing, specifically regarding the cleaning up of old drivers...( cuz I don't even trust that cleaner I recommended to you - its just a starting point) then a clean install of the OS is the only place to start to really troubleshoot a problem like yours.... and I bet, eventually, that is where E-D tech help will lead you too. I just gave you a guide to the process of elimination that I use. But then, I am not having a lick of trouble with these drivers, until I start pounding on the hotkeys, and pushing my video cards limits.

good luck though, with E-D, and your system - bios

10. Adam_D

Adam_D Guest

Thanks for the advice Bio. I am quite confident in what I am doing concerning these drivers etc., but since these glasses are just a novelty to me, reinstalling my OS would be so not worth it.

I'm going to spend only a little more time on this before I call it quits and wait for the next drivers. I will post here if anything gets accomplished.

Thanks again folks!

11. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Member

GPU:
    Palit 5X 970 H14G2J
    Sounds silly, ...but have you checked the batteries?

12. Adam_D

Adam_D Guest

After back and forth emails all week with an E-Dimensional tech rep, I still don't have things working. The rep had me download the activator, which did activate the stereo, but I still have no hot-key toggling or hot-key stereo adjustments.

I'll just wait for the next stereo drivers.