Crytek announced closing Crysis and Crysis 2 multiplayer for PC on May 31

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CrazY_Milojko, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I never bought a Crysis game for the MP, it was always the SP and the monster benchmark that came along with it. That beeing said, I genuinely enjoyed playing the C1 SP, addon inlcuded. But again, never got into MP, and the MP in C2 and 3 is, much like the SP at parts, is a COD gameplay clone...

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i don't agree, half of the campaign is a great sandbox shooter, later on it becomes boring linear mess.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    would loved that EA bought the gamespy DNS servers so the games would just keep running. on 31st of may my beloved mohaa wont have gamespy support as well. so the gamebrowser wont function any more,but you will still be able to connect to the server if you know the ip , use xfire , gametracker or any other program like that.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    such a sad news. what iam gonna do :(

5. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    :funny: dude, what can I say, don't comment something you didn't tried/played for some time. Difference between COD MP games and C1/C2/C3 MP is like difference between water and Vodka, for some kid looking them from a side they are the same, try them both and you'll see a difference, huge difference. COD SP/MP games are like super slo-mo for me after few Team Instant Action or Crash Site matches in C2 MP.

If you were playing C2/C3 MP then I would give you advice to change eyeglasses, but you haven't.

Keep your "wise" comments for some other thread...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  6. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    umad fanboy?

Let me rephrase it, since apparently I was trying to be "wise" for having a different opinion. I tried both and they are pure ****, cheap COD wannabes (oh and I HATE COD) in fancy graphics. How someone on PC could waste their time playing such cheap console catering crap is beyond me.

PS - Too bad they didn't close down C3 MP as well.

7. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Yes I'm a C2 MP fanboy so what? That was one of the reasons I've started this thread. Please spare this threat with your comments about something you don't know. In first message you've clearly stated your oppinion about C2/C3 MP and it's obvious you haven't tried to play them both so why commenting something you are not familiar with. It's too late now to change your oppinion. Go entertain yourself on some other thread where you can be usefull.

8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Can´t say i´m surprised but this is the reason why i think every PC games should have dedicated servers like Counter Strike. This way if only a small portion of players want to play Crysis mp they can do it.

Too bad to see Crysis going down the toilet like this because i´m an huge fan of the first one and even the mp was a blast altought i didn´t play it a lot because the game was so demanding that no one cared about playing it online...

9. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    How is this a reason for dedicated servers?
    Dedicated servers still need a master server to which all game servers report their address, map, player counts and so on. Otherwise no server browser would work.
    And that is what the gamespy service was about, it was a master server service.

Doesn't Crysis 1 have dedicated servers anyway?

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    It does? I don´t think so but maybe i´m wrong. It has been years since i touched the mp of Crysis 1 and i didn´t bothered with Crysis 2 mp. If i just wrote something stupid, simply forget it...

11. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Nooo. I'm still playing Crysis Wars.I can't believe they are closing it.Still better MP than the other crysis games and even CoD series.

12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Not a all.
    You don't need a master server for dedicated servers.

Take as an example any GoldSource/Source.
    You can connect directly to IP with the connect command through console.

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Crysis 2 MP was uberness, totally loved it.

[​IMG]

14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    What threat lol? You were the one who attacked me first.

I was in the MP alpha and beta of C2&3... and also played the retail, don't tell me what I did or didn't play. If the games (their MP) were anywhere near as good and popular as you claim, then servers would not get shut down.

Also, I can post wherever I want, this isn't your forum, or mine, get used to it.

15. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    SLI-756 do you remember NATARAJA5 from Crysis 2 multiplayer?

"...ALL IN MY TEAM ARE NOOBS!... I'M THE BEST CRYSIS 2 PLAYER ON THE WHOLE WORLD!... I'M PLAYING WITH NOOBS!... NOOBS IN OPPOSITE TEAM DETECTED... ALL OF YOU ARE CHEATERS!...NOONE CAN BEAT ME!..." lol, what a dickhead he was trolling us on game chat all the time while playing with some stupid scripted comments.

Something to refresh your memory about him: http://www.crysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44226 ...The C(h)unt for NATARAJA5 on C2 servers organised by few of us more than 2 years ago. It was helluva fun...

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes, the game and the community was no. 1 my friend. I remember it all.

17. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC

Calm down dude, it was my typo, can't you recognise that? Threat -> Thread

If I had attacked you as you said you'll know it, believe me. I don't have intention to attack anyone here without a reason.

If you can't post any usefull comment here on this thread then stop trolling us here. Start your own thread about something and whine about anything you want all day long. This forum isn't yours or mine, but there are rulles to obey, you can't post whenever or whatever you want and think you can get away with it.

So please stop, don't start "popcorn time" for some Guru's here awating a "fight" between me and you.

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    My initial post was perfectly on topic, and it stated an opinion after having played all Crysis games, both SP and MP. All my other posts were a reaction to your reply in which you made assumptions based on ass. No trolling whatsoever, just you being butthurt because someone has a different opinion (of an aspect) of a game...

In case you didn'y notice, your comments aren't any more "usefull" (whatever that's supposed to mean) than mine in this matter.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I love Crysis SP, Crysis Wars is fun to play!

20. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Whatever makes you happy...

You can think & say whatever you want but I'm still holding my side, again here is quote from your first message:
    Nothing more than BS, even my almost 7 y.o. son can see a difference between C2/C3 multiplayer and multiplayer in COD games and you can't, it's completely different gameplay mechanic and energy (nanosuit) management system, only similarity is that you hold a weapon both in C2/C3 and COD games, you have ammo, teams and that's it. EVERYTHING ELSE is different between C2/C3 MP and MP in COD franchise.

It's the end of discussion for me, I give up, have better things to do...