Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum
RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum This forum is intended for advanced comments, ideas and general discussion of the RivaTuner Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself - you can only post in this area with a minimum of 10 posts and 7 days forum membership.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Direct 3D overider Not detecting my games
Old
  (#1)
Penal Stingray
Banned
 
Videocard: GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
Processor: i7 3930K 4.6 GHZ
Mainboard: Gigabyte UD3 X79
Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2200 MHZ
Soundcard: XFi Titanium HD
PSU: Antec HCP 1200 Watts
Default Direct 3D overider Not detecting my games - 12-31-2012, 11:52 | posts: 961 | Location: JerZe

Hi im having problems with direct 3d Overider that comes with Riva tuner im using windows 8 and games like assasins creed 3 gets detected sometimes farcry 3 would get detected how do i know? i will here a sound like "Ting" lol which means triple buffering is enabled and i could really tell the difference when playing with it the lag input is reduced, games tend to run smooth with it on and fps dont dip like crazy when vsync is on.

Now guildwars 2 is not being detected and sometimes farcry 3 would not get detect since im not hearing the "Ting" sound is there anyway to fix this problem or nothing can be done? thanks
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#2)
Anarion
Ancient Guru
 
Anarion's Avatar
 
Videocard: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 DC2
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770K
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z77-V
Memory: G.SKILL RipjawsX 16 GB
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Zx + HD 595
PSU: SF Golden Green Pro 600W
Default 01-02-2013, 20:51 | posts: 10,517 | Location: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penal Stingray View Post
Hi im having problems with direct 3d Overider that comes with Riva tuner im using windows 8 and games like assasins creed 3 gets detected sometimes farcry 3 would get detected how do i know? i will here a sound like "Ting" lol which means triple buffering is enabled and i could really tell the difference when playing with it the lag input is reduced, games tend to run smooth with it on and fps dont dip like crazy when vsync is on.

Now guildwars 2 is not being detected and sometimes farcry 3 would not get detect since im not hearing the "Ting" sound is there anyway to fix this problem or nothing can be done? thanks
It doesn't seem to work in Windows 8. I have not managed to get it work and that makes me really sad panda.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
GanjaStar
Master Guru
 
Videocard: POV gtx 660
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Mainboard: GA-Z87-D3HP
Memory: 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro
Soundcard: x-fi extreme gamer
PSU: corsair tx 650w
Default 01-10-2013, 03:11 | posts: 531 | Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Has unwinder explained anywhere why d3d overrider development was dropped?

Its pretty much an essential part of PC gaming for me, so I'm glad i'm still on win7.

Momements like these make you really appreciate the work done by people like unwinder
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
nikitash
Banned
 
Videocard: MSI R6870 HAWK
Processor: AMD FX 8350 4.0 ghz
Mainboard: MSI 890GXM-G65
Memory: 8GB DDR3 Gskill1600MHZCL9
Soundcard: Realtek Lossless HD codec
PSU: Coolermaster 600W Silent
Default 01-31-2013, 10:44 | posts: 337 | Location: India

it works in win 8 64bit for me on all games both dx 9 and dx11.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#5)
boogieman
Maha Guru
 
boogieman's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX 680
Processor: i72600K @ 4.5
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Memory: 2 x 4 G Skill
Soundcard: X-Fi Extremegamer
PSU: BFG Tech EX-1200
Default 01-31-2013, 15:16 | posts: 1,581 | Location: Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
Has unwinder explained anywhere why d3d overrider development was dropped?
Yes, it's mentioned in the stickies that nobody reads in general forum. Well not D3DO specifically but Rivatuner itself is no longer developed. Alex asked MSI if they wanted D3DO in Afterburner and they had no interest.

Last edited by boogieman; 01-31-2013 at 19:47.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
GanjaStar
Master Guru
 
Videocard: POV gtx 660
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Mainboard: GA-Z87-D3HP
Memory: 8gb Corsair Vengeance pro
Soundcard: x-fi extreme gamer
PSU: corsair tx 650w
Default 02-18-2013, 19:34 | posts: 531 | Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
Yes, it's mentioned in the stickies that nobody reads in general forum. Well not D3DO specifically but Rivatuner itself is no longer developed. Alex asked MSI if they wanted D3DO in Afterburner and they had no interest.
thanks for the reply. so i guess we need to pressure MSI to invest some money into it and give Unwinder some incentives
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
Ouzo
Master Guru
 
Videocard: Sli, MSI 780ti Gaming
Processor: Intel i7 2600K @ 4.5
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3
Memory: Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
PSU: Corsair AX 1200W
Default 04-26-2013, 16:50 | posts: 325 | Location: Helsinki, Finland

Having same problem on Windows 7. Dunno what has happened, but not detecting anymore...

Especially BF3 not working :/
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
rewt
Maha Guru
 
Videocard: √
Processor: √
Mainboard: √
Memory: √
Soundcard: √
PSU: √
Default 05-03-2013, 00:29 | posts: 1,243 | Location: Americas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzo View Post
Especially BF3 not working :/
BF3 already supports triple buffering natively. D3DOverrider is unnecessary in such case.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
clawhamer
Maha Guru
 
clawhamer's Avatar
 
Videocard: EVGA 780 Classified
Processor: Intel i7 4770K 4.4GHz
Mainboard: ASUS M6H Z87
Memory: Corsair Pt. 8GB 1866MHz
Soundcard: SupremeFX
PSU: Corsair AX850
Default 05-31-2013, 00:06 | posts: 1,891 | Location: canada

You guys using Fraps by any chance?
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.