MSI GTX 570 TFIII Voltage Control

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by ikzo, Apr 16, 2011.

1. ikzo

ikzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII
    Can't seem to get the voltage control to work on any version of MSI Afterburner with the new GTX 570 Twin Frozr III...

Anyone else experiencing this problem/have a solution? Or do we simply have to wait for a new version of the afterburner to come out?

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Have you enabled Voltage control in the settings ?

3. ikzo

ikzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII
    Yes, and I've tried both the beta and non-beta version.
    I've been browsing various forums and it seems like some other people have had problems using afterburner with the new TF3 version of the GTX 570 as well (with respect to the voltage control), but no one has proposed a concrete solution to the problem.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah, I did some further checking and there might be a DEV_ID mismatch issue in the AB GPU-database. MSI will need to look into this, I have forwarded the problem to them.

I'm positive it will be fixed within the new update.

5. ikzo

ikzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII
    Thanks a lot :)
    On another note, it seems like there are mixed reviews regarding overclocking the GTX 570 and that it may completely bust the card. Does anyone know what "safe" settings are for the TF3 version specifically or what I shouldn't overclock it past?

6. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi, can someone post your SSID for me? Click the I on the Afterburner Panel,

you will see something like this:

VEN_10DE&DEV_1081&SUBSYS_22241462&REV_??

7. ikzo

ikzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII
    Guid : Ven_10de&dev_1086&subsys_25711462&rev_a1&bus_2&dev_0&fn_0

8. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    you shouldnt worry about that because the TF3 has redesigned PCB with 6+1 phases , overclock it without worries your card won't die

9. Nub84

Nub84 Guest

GPU:
    6950 Twin Frozr III
    I have the same issue with my brand new Radeon 6950 Twin Frozr III, enabled everything in the config file and settings in afterburner. I can change voltage but the volt just stay on default. This is driving me nuts, bought this card because its was supposed to be compatible with afterburner but no luck there.

One more thing, this card should have military class components but still im getting buzzing on high load.
    Close to RMA the card. :bang:

10. msi-afterburner

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning

11. msi-afterburner

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Please make sure that you didn't run 3rd party VGA software at the same time. Also update Afterburner to the latest version and uncheck "keep constant voltage"

12. Nub84

Nub84 Guest

GPU:
    6950 Twin Frozr III
    Ive tested latest beta and many other version, none works.
    What do u mean by 3rd party VGA software? All i got that is related to VGA is catalyst and Afterburner.
    "keep constant voltage" is disabled.

Edit: Its rather odd that this card stays at a same voltage of 1.149 in 2d mode and 3d.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Did you try the actual link msi-afterburner provided ?

This is the same beta 2 yet with an updated database, this build is from today.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/-MSI-Afterburner-2.2.0-Beta-2-download-2604.html

14. msi-afterburner

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    If so, I will suggest that you try this way:

1. Edit MSIAfterburner.cfg
    2. Change AllowCaptureVoltageDefaults from 0 to 1
    3. Run Kombustor (or other 3d benchmark) in windowed mode
    4. Press <Ctrl> + <Alt> + <Shift> + <V> to capture voltage
    5. Done! "

15. RomeSC

RomeSC Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 460 HAWK
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011

16. ikzo

ikzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII
    i've downloaded the new afterburner and voltage control is indeed unlocked for my TFIII 570

afterburner registers it as an offset value, but when i put in 50 mV (or even 100 mV) and run gpu-z or furmark they are still registering the voltage constant at the base level of 0.975 V

am i missing something here?

17. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

GPU-Z and Furmark are just reading base voltage visible to NVIDIA drivers, they are not supporting readback of an additional offet voltage added to resulting voltage by custom TF III VRMS. Use multimeter to see the real picture.

18. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yep -- what Unwinder says. Glad it now works you guys !

19. ikzo

ikzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII
    So I've been running at 850/1700/2000 @ +75 mV offset (0.975V VDDC) for a week or two and I thought it was stable (haven't been getting any artifacts in tests or benchmarks).

Yesterday I plugged in a second 24" monitor to the GTX 570 and the display driver started flipping out (the main monitor kept turning on and off), and Windows 7 would show that the display driver has stopped responding etc.

Of course when I reset MSI Afterburner to default values it works fine... so I was wondering, does using a second monitor require more voltage to be stable? I'm not really that experienced at this so any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

20. ikzo

ikzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII
    Well looks like it's a driver related issue with dual monitors (flickering and artifacts - some other people have experienced the same problems) ... and after updating to the newest nvidia drivers it's fine again (I set the OC back to the settings I had previously). Hopefully it'll stay that way :)