SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    the tonemap setting was RGB + alpha
    alpha was useless so it's now a float3

2. krillemy

krillemy Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 560
    Can i tweak the light with SweetFX? if so which setting is it?. and also lowering the RGB Lift value seems to make the shadows darker which i prefer and like but it also makes other things awfully dark like trees and just the whole image itself. So does anyone know the answers for these two questions

Thanks!

3. PandaSushi

PandaSushi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Yes alpha was pointless but the values are definitely blue red yellow with the older version not rgb.I just tested it again just make sure the colors were in that order.

4. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    Thanks PandoraX357..In game FXAA=2, not using anything through inspector :)

Thanks WhiteLightning :) Maybe you want to try my preset ;)

Setting:

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.
    / Choose effects /
    '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
    #define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.
    #define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
    #define USE_BLOOM 0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_HDR 0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
    #define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)
    #define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.
    #define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)
    #define USE_TONEMAP 1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)
    #define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
    #define USE_CURVES 1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.
    #define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.
    #define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
    #define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)
    #define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.12 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
    #define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 6 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
    #define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 40 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
    #define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
    #define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0 // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/ LumaSharpen settings /
    // -- Sharpening --
    #define sharp_strength 0.50 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening
    #define sharp_clamp 0.035 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
    #define pattern 4 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.
    #define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
    // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --
    #define show_sharpen 0 // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/ Bloom settings /
    #define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.
    #define BloomPower 1.446 //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom
    #define BloomWidth 0.0142 //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/ HDR settings /
    #define HDRPower 1.20 //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
    #define radius2 1.07 //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/ TECHNICOLOR settings /
    #define TechniAmount 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define TechniPower 2.8 //[0.0 to 8.0]
    #define redNegativeAmount 0.98 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]
    #define blueNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/ Cineon DPX settings /
    #define Red 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Green 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]
    #define Blue 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma 2.75 //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.
    #define DPXSaturation 3.25 //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC 0.40 //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define GreenC 0.35 //[0.6 to 0.2]
    #define BlueC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2 //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/ Lift Gamma Gain settings /
    #define RGB_Lift float3(1.110, 1.110, 1.110) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gamma float3(0.960, 0.880, 0.950) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue
    #define RGB_Gain float3(0.980, 1.000, 1.000) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/ Tonemap settings /
    #define Gamma 0.75 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure -0.15 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.10 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.15 //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.050 //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove
    #define FogColor float3(1.50, 1.20, 1.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/ Vibrance settings /
    #define Vibrance 0.30 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/ Curves settings /
    #define Curves_contrast -0.36 //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --
    #define Curves_formula 7 //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/ Sepia settings /
    #define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image
    #define GreyPower 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it
    #define SepiaPower 0.58 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/ Vignette settings /
    #define VignetteRadius 1.00 //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    #define VignetteAmount -1.00 //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
    #define VignetteSlope 8 //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
    #define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/ Dither settings /
    //No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.
    //This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/ Splitscreen settings /
    #define splitscreen_mode 3 //[1|2|3|4|5] 1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

5. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jujuom26

jujuom26 Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670 GIGABYTE O/C
    How did you do to achieve this ? this is beautiful
    downsampling + sweetfx ?
    Can you share your settings please ?

7. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    me too wanna know if its sweetfx with downsamplig or what els
    and yea hell yea great preset..need it

8. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Why are you suspecting downsampling when all I see in those images is horrendous aliasing. Gyah!

It's also very bright for Dead Space 2. But I guess some people don't like its atmosphere :p

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  9. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    @jujuom26 , kaicooper
    Greetings, because my limited hardware specs i did that using simple downsampling + sweetfx + simple smaa settings from sweetfx thats all and thank you, once i finish it i will share.

@jim2point0
    Hello, well im not like you who is always in pain because aliasing, i cant use much AA because my PC specs if you read well, even if i were with good PC or not, everybody here do presets to their tastes or limited skills or limited hardware right? i would like to do more but.. i do all i can with what i got as simple as its. If the preset is brighter or not ok thats your point, not your taste and its ok but it looks like i want and thats all.

10. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Well I don't know why YOU'RE being all defensive ;P It was their vision I was calling into judgement, not your hardware ;)

In this game, it doesn't matter what hardware you have. SMAA doesn't affect aliasing much at all and you can't force AA properly without introducing a lot of problems (shadows, white outlines, etc).

I enjoyed that game more using the FXAA injector, which actually removed all of the aliasing problems I had without forcing anything crazy and without using crazy downsampling. When SweetFX has an FXAA alternative, I plan to give this game another run through. I could never strike a balance between AA and sweetFX, sadly. I would have loved to use the FXAA injector + SweetFX's shaders though.

11. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    for me with single GTX 580 ..i donn wanna kill it with many heavy stuff like
    Downsampling and bla bla..i used SMAA Injector before with Dead Space 2
    and there was huge deffrience between the original game AA was horrible
    but with SMAA was soo much better..i remember that FXAA injector not working good with Dead Space..but SweetFX injector hell yea make it alot better AA and others

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

SMAA works pretty well but it doesn't seem to catch every line angles? It's pretty weird...
    It doesn't seem work that great on lines that are slighty not horizontal. It works wonder on vertical lines tho?
    I don't know if you follow me but I noticed that. Maybe it doesn't have to do at all with angles.

I wonder if SMAA can be optimized further? If so, it will be probably the best form of AA in the future.

13. Maken

Maken Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti 6GB
    YOU have a " particular " way to say the things sometimes that not sounds good :) XD. I said why i was talking about my hardware, i dont like sometimes much aliasing but i know that i cant kill myself trying to fix that because my hardware dont let me much, then for avoid problems i just try to get used to it, i was concentrated more on other things than the aliasing because i know what you said, i just enable smaa from sweetfx with default settings without kill myself and thats all. When i try to push more my Gpus with AA for X games then problems come, better leave it low to dont lost more performance than i already have. If someone later want to make it better, they are free to do that and peoples can take the preset as its and play or edit it.

Those screens was taken at 2160x1348 ( that is all i can push with my gpu ) + in game AA disable + sweetfxs smaa.

Sorry to everyone for my bad english, not my language i can read well but at the time of writing hmmmm =/ problems.

14. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I can't see it ever being the best form of AA when we're limited to injecting 1x SMAA. FXAA can catch more because it's more aggressive with its blurring... but that right there is its downside. It can hide a ton of aliasing if you let it... but it blurs so much. Dead Space 2 is really the only game I ever considered using it in.

Wasn't able to get AA this good without FXAA.... and it's still not that great :( Probably due to sharpening so much to offset it.

15. vis

vis Member

A dx8 to DX9 longshot

So this is a looongshot, but I'm curious. Has anyone had any luck getting the dx8-dx9 stuff working? I ask because with the re-launch of Asheron's Call 2, I've been trying to get it working and had no real luck. It's a dx8.1 game and I've tried just about everything I can think of, but, the game crashes when it tries to launch. I'm wondering if there are any standard tricks, etc, I need to look at to get it functioning.

16. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    SMAA is good for games with simple objects but In games where is a lot of vegetation or transparent textures is useless. FXAA is better choice

17. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    I guess that was caused by specular...Almost every object in the game get specular.

18. Solem

Solem Guest

GPU:
    670 GTX
    Hi, For a game as brutal Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, would you have a brutal sweetfx settings to offer? A modification of the engine or nvidia inspector to share thank you in advance.

19. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Have a go at it then.

I just uploaded an alpha preview edition of SweetFX 2.0.

Merry Christmas.

New (incomplete) features:
    • FXAA - only works in DX9 so far and I need to tweak it for quality. You guys can help here by finding good default values for it.
    • An incomplete cartoon shader
    • Border shader for making the screenedges black
    • The dither shader now does subpixel dithering, which makes it look slightly smoother

There are more features planned for the final 2.0 version.

Note that to use FXAA you need to use the FXAA injector dlls - which now come with SweetFX - in fact in this preview edition they are the default.
    You can find the other dlls in the SweetFX\dlls\ folder.

Use the SMAA dlls for SMAA support.
    Use the FXAA dlls for FXAA support and for when you don't want to apply AA with SweetFX at all. The FXAA dlls does less work so when you don't need AA, using them will give better performance.

This does not mean that FXAA runs faster - I still find that SMAA runs faster for most of my games (but not for all).
    It simply means that if you'd rather run without AA or you're using some other kind of AA like MSAA, SSAA, OGSSAA, SGSSAA, etc then using the FXAA dlls and turning SMAA and FXAA off in the SweetFX setting will give better performance than using the SMAA dlls with SMAA and FXAA off in the SweetFX settings.

20. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    oooo. Exciting!

Is there any downside to using dithering? I try to enable it for all games but sometimes I forget. Just wondering if it should be on by default. So many games have banding issues. Not sure if dithering fixes them but it makes me feel better to enable it.

Also, where's the download link? xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.