9500NP->9700 Artfacts... but not checkerboard

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by dead, Feb 21, 2003.

1. dead

dead Guest

I did the softmod to my sapphire 9500np 128mb and I got the performance increases, but I am getting some artifacts.

They aren't checkerboards.. they are columns of black squares. The squares are about 3x3 pixels or so, and there are two columns of them in each "set". In 1024x768 there are 4 'sets' (meaning 8 total columns of black squares) but each set has 2 columns grouped together closely.

In higher resolutions, there are more 'set's, and in lower, less. This inclines me to believe it's a pipeline thing, but had anyone else seen/had/FIXED this?

Thanks

2. |_|nderline

|_|nderline Member

GPU:
    eVga 7800GT
  3. rdalrt

rdalrt Guest

Dead: Your problem sounds very similiar to the problem I had. I had single rows of black dots about 3x3 pixels. I used Rivatuner to disable HeirZ and they are gone!! :) Give it a shot.

4. dead

dead Guest

IT WORKED

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU

5. dead

dead Guest

YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cough*

Thanks to the both of you. I had tried to disable HierZ before, but there was no difference. I did it again, and it worked. There's a good chance I did it wrong the first time.

However, just incase, the one thing that has changed since when I tried to disable HierZ the first time, and when I did it this time - and it worked - was that I flashed the bios to a 9500 unlocked one.

I don't think it's related, but I figured I'd make mention of it.

6. primer567

primer567 Guest

Where do you disable HeirZ?

7. PeeWee

PeeWee Guest

Where did you get the "unlocked" BIOS ?
    And how do you flash?

thx