RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAAS

VAAS Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9270OC 2Gb
    Japa, the Radeonpro don't work with Cod Mw2? I can't use any function...Please answer me here or in Adrenaline.

Thanks.

EDIT: I read the FAQ in your site and solved the problem.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I've noticed only recently that there seems to be a clash between RP and FRAPS. I've disabled FRAPS now so it's not really an issue anymore, but it was particularly handy as it had direct integration with my G510 keyboard's LCD. Any idea why that would be a problem only recently, japamd? I don't need you to investigate or fix it or anything, I'm just curious (it might even just be a problem with my own setup).

3. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Hi japamd

It seems that doesn't actually work in RP and the only thing that happens is the ping, not the AMM profile switching.

I suspect it may be because in a normal commandline the command is

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe" dp "TV Only"

note the dp is NOT in quotes, whereas RP's scripting seems to require me to put it in quotes and perhaps that's causing it to not work?

4. Racetrack

Racetrack Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7970M 2GB
    If I just change the first GPU clocks, only the 1st GPU has its clocks changed. GPU2 will run at default settings. I guess its a dual GPU card problem only then

5. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    Hey,
    I think people should donate to this, im sure people remember when jap was away for a while and tumble weeds appeared blowing across our desktop wallpapers!
    (all teared and stuttery like without vsync)

Jap i have one question. Given the rise of Linux as a viable gaming platform and the millions who will struggle with AMD's awful drivers how hard would it be to offer your tool to us Ubuntu / Deb users ?

Also have you considered putting your software on the Steam Store ? ( its a great idea if i do say so myself :) ) you could make proper money from this as ive seen a good few other MAJOR computing forums talking up Radeon pro. I would buy it knowing that the money made from the cross platform sales would keep you employed for years thus keeping our favourite gpu tool alive!

6. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    yes! i'm using xbox360 joypad emulator :)

and i don't have configured rp global api monitoring

7. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ok.

Does it happen with every game or some specific ones?

Try this

Run( "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe", "dp", "\"TV Only\"" )
    RunAndWait( "ping", "127.0.0.1", "-n", "3" )

Ok, I'll see if it can be fixed.

Yes, everyone who's downloading RP should donate 5 bucks, that would make me a less poor dude... :D Just kidding, a dozen nice guys donated since I restarted RP development and it was very welcome as I bought some games at Steam to implement AO :p

I really can't say it will be done, maybe gaming under linux won't suffer from same windows issues making softwares like RP almost useless.

About selling RP, it won't happen but I would love to have some kind of sponsorship :D

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    That emulator break RP functionality.

9. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    i see :D thank you

could you recommend me other jp emu?

10. kael13

kael13 Guest

GPU:
    CF 5870
    Hi Japamd,

Do you know if there is any method to get RadeonPro to repoll the installed hardware? My GPUs are in Crossfire, but when I first installed the tool I had CF disabled.
    Now it doesn't seem to want to recognise both GPUs. I've done a few reinstalls and tried to locate and delete registry entries but haven't had any luck so far.

Perhaps there's a file I can edit to enable Crossfire Tweak options?

Thanks.

11. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Thanks but that doesn't do anything (other than the ping) when I test it either.

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Someone else posted an alternative but I don't remember now.

Hardware is detected at each program startup time. The GPUs don't appear at OSD settings, Overdrive tab or both places?

Oh, try this then

Run( "C:\Program Files (x86)\Actual Multiple Monitors\ActualMultipleMonitorsCenter.exe", 'dp "TV Only"' )
    RunAndWait( "ping", "127.0.0.1", "-n", "3" )

13. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Thanks but that's no different I'm afraid.

14. Morganrone93

Morganrone93 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5850 Powercolor PCS+
    Hello! I just registered here on guru3D because I just wanted to know.. Do you use RadeonPro simantaneously with CCC or does it replace CCC?

Best Regards

//Morgan

15. M4xw0lf

M4xw0lf Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6970
    It's not a replacement for the CCC, since it has no 2d-settings incorporated.

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    you can replace CCC if you dont use the 2d-settings.

Or either close CCC and only open when you need to change one of those.

Anyways, if you use CCC together with RP, CCC won't reflect your RP changes because CCC has some kind of cache/values read at start, unless you close and open it again (CCC), but that doesn't mean that RP isnt working.

17. Morganrone93

Morganrone93 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5850 Powercolor PCS+
    Okay.. The only thing I really want is something similar to Nvidias latest "invention" with having drivers that enables you to lock framerates for each game.. I don't like to use dxtory or bandicam for it, trying to find an alternative method.. I heard rumors about AMD soon coming with such a feature?

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    AFAIK, If you dont install CCC, it wont take advantage of the caps.

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    radeonpro already has it.

Also if you overclock, MSI afterburner has it too. (i prefer RP implementation because it integrates other things like sweetfx, so i just disable MSI AF osd and such)

20. Morganrone93

Morganrone93 Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5850 Powercolor PCS+
    Sadly Radeonpro didn't work that well for me..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.