help with adjusting fan curve on my motherboard please!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by alexander1986, Sep 14, 2016.

1. alexander1986

alexander1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    hey all,

been experimenting with disabling C-states and killing all powersaving stuff and other tweaks in my bios, in order to get low DPC latency, quite happy with dpc latency at the moment when idle:

[​IMG]

but to achieve this I had to disable c-states as said before and so my cpu runs at base clock constantly, 3.2 or 3.4 ghz dont remember right now since im at work, but anyway it stays at full clock speed and so it runs a little hotter / fan is bit more noisy,

have been checking my bios how to set a custom fan curve, but Im not really understanding what ASUS means in their manual, might be some translation issue lol, anyway here is the manual and what it says about manual cpu fan speed:

[​IMG]

So right now im running the silent cpu fan profile, it keeps fan running at around 1300 rpm and cpu is around 35 degrees C, I would like to set a custom fan curve that keeps the fan at around 1000 - 1100 rpm no matter the temperature/load ,

reason is the fan is a tiiiny bit too noisy at 1300 rpm,

if I use turbo profile the rpm goes to 2000 rpm, and at silent its 1300,

please help me how to set the values in the bios to get a low- rpm of 1000 and max - 1100 or so,

any help greatly appreciated!