How to minimize to tray on closing?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Kulagin, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Kulagin

Kulagin Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    I couldn't find a checkbox in options which would force afterburner to minimize to tray on closing window. Then I googled it and found that you can set variable SendToTrayOnClose=1 in configuration file and it supposedly should have fixed the problem. Bit it doesn't work properly. It does work properly when you click here:
    [​IMG]

But it doesn't work when you close it from taskbar:
    [​IMG]

When you close afterburner from taskbar, it still close whole program instead of just minimizing it to tray.

I use 7+ taskbar tweaker and I have my wheel mouse button bound to close windows:
    [​IMG]

I use a lot of programs at the same time and sometimes my taskbar have way too many windows in it:
    [​IMG]

So I use middle click to fastly close some of them which I don't need at the moment. Sometimes I forget and close afterburner by clicking with middle mouse button on the icon(and then I have to relaunch it again) but even when I remember I have to open window and then minimize afterburner manually. Yes, that's only 3-5 more seconds to close afterburner but when you do it few times per day + you've got 40-50 windows opened, you can waste a lot of time doing it the way afterburner forces you...

Is there a fix for this little problem?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Why not just have it start minimized with windows? Then just open it and minimize it when you want to use it. Does it really need to be open on your taskbar all the time?

3. Kulagin

Kulagin Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    It does start minimized with windows on my system. And I like it.

That's what I do. The problem is I have to do it in the way afterburner forces me: I have to open window itself and then click minimize button(and not close button). I can't just close it from the taskbar because it will close whole afterburner instead of just minimizing it to tray.

For me it doesn't. That's not what I'm trying to achieve. Actually, I wouldn't like to have afterburner icon in the taskbar all the time even when window is minimized.

With all due respect, but I think you confused taskbar with tray section.

What I want is to be able to do is to press close button directly in taskbar(or in my case just click middle mouse button) and I want afterburner to minimize itself to the tray section instead of closing completely.

That option you're talking about is missing from afterburner too, actually. Some people would just might prefer afterburner to be open in the taskbar all the time regardless of window state(on top, in the background or minimized)

BTW, when you open afterburner window it doesn't show afterburner icon in the tray. And I would prefer to have afterburner icon in the tray all the time.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  4. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Edit: n/m, doesn't look like this can be done w/o a new AB release.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016