Problem with afterburner 3D profile

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Strajder, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Strajder

Strajder Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060GTX gaming 6G
    Hi guys, I recently got a problem with afterburner always applying 3D profile even when I'm not runing games. Tried reinstaling drivers and afterburner but issue is still present. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    When this happens check info "I" in MSI AB GUI (top right in org skin).
    Go down to "active 3d process" and see if any processes list, if so make a profile with detection off.

3. Strajder

Strajder Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060GTX gaming 6G
    Ok I found out that new geforce experience beta version is causing 3D profile to always load which was not the case with standard version. Now if you can explain to me how to create profile with detection off?

4. Han2K

Han2K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GX
    Go to RTSS configuration, create a profile for GFE beta and set On-Screen Display support to OFF. You're done.

5. Strajder

Strajder Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060GTX gaming 6G
    I've done that but it still loads 3D profile, under active 3D process shows nvidia web helper.exe, I also added even that app to the list but still have problem.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    What I normally do is leave the "Show on-screen display" to on in RTSS and set the "App detection level" to none.

See if that works, I don't use GFE so can't help much.

7. Strajder

Strajder Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060GTX gaming 6G
    I tried that and it works but now I cannot see overlay from afterburner when playing games.

8. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Turning On-Screen Display support off will obviously disable the OSD. Reverse that adjustment.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Make sure your editing right profile, sounds like your editing the global one.
    highlight the profile (or one you added) and then set the app detection level to none.

10. Strajder

Strajder Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060GTX gaming 6G
    Of course I'm editing right profile:), I managed to resolve issue by disabling aplication detection level and on screen display support in the same time which was not the case in previous attempts when I disabled only one of them.

Thank you guys for your time and help.:)

EDIT:

I have another issue with "Cannot establish connection with the update server" error every time when I start afterburner so I tought to also ask here for help then to open another thread.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016

11. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Open up RTSS. Under one of the tabs there is a place to check "do not check for updates"

12. Strajder

Strajder Member

GPU:
    MSI 1060GTX gaming 6G
    I know when you choose never option under check for updates "solve the problem" but I do not think thats the solution, how would I then know when new update is available??

13. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Follow Hilbert on Twitter.

14. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    RTSS update checks will be fixed in the next build. Unwinder is very hard at work on it, depending how development goes I'd say expect a release later this or maybe next month.