Low Fps with most games (R9 290)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by VincenzoDM321, Jun 18, 2015.

1. VincenzoDM321

VincenzoDM321 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X 4GB
    Hi guys, I have a problem with most games, I tried some driver (beta and modded) but games have problems, for example with Project Cars i can get 5-10 fps with 16 cars in graphics medium, I reinstalled drivers 15.5 for resolve the problem temporally (for play at 40 fps) but now i can't fix that. :bang:
    I tried one month ago Windows 10 and Project Cars with drivers of Driver Manager and it was very good 80 fps with 16 cars in ultra, but the system is very unstable.
    I think the problem are the driver, help me please, Thanks a lot!

2. sTOrM41

sTOrM41 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 @ 1500 MHz
    could be because of your trash psu,
    or maybe your oced 8320 isnt stable.

3. VincenzoDM321

VincenzoDM321 Guest

GPU:
    I think OC is Stable and PSU is good but why with Windows 10 the games with Driver installed on Driver Manager was good?

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The numbers you give are extremely low. There is something wrong with your hardware. If you can test with another PSU.

5. VincenzoDM321

VincenzoDM321 Guest

GPU:
    RESOLVED:
    I tried to reinstall Windows 10 with Driver of Driver Manager, and now i get 60 fps capped in Ultra with Project cars, I think the problem is Windows 8.1 :infinity:

6. VincenzoDM321

VincenzoDM321 Guest

GPU:
    I reinstalled Windows 8.1 with new driver 15.6 because windows 10 is very instable but the problem is persistence, i tried with any driver but i can't fix problem.
    I used an other PSU only for GPU but it don't change
    I tested gta 5 it goes in 60 fps in ultra but it stuttering for 1-2 second every 15 seconds, Project Cars goes at 8-10 fps and Battlefield 3 it freezes 3 seconds the screen screen before it continues for 1 second and repeat freeze :bang::bang: ,why?
    Thanks a lot for reply :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Do you install chipset drivers for your motherboard before you install the GPU drivers?

8. VincenzoDM321

VincenzoDM321 Guest

GPU:
    There aren't for my Motherboard (Fatality killer), i don't understand the problem, i reinstalled Windows 8.1 from Microsoft Site but nothing improves :mad:

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    These are your motherboard chipset drivers. Download them, install them, restart, clean your GPU drivers with DDU, and install the 1040 driver from the forum in here.

After that, make sure you install ALL the Windows Updates from Windows update, excluding any GPU drivers that you should hide. If you still get that bad performance and instability, you might need to update your bios.

10. VincenzoDM321

VincenzoDM321 Guest

GPU:
    I tried now, but nothing it do 8-10 fps on Project Cars, the bios is updated at last version

11. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    What are your settings in Project CARS? Make sure you have the "High Performance" power plan selected in Windows.

12. VincenzoDM321

VincenzoDM321 Guest

GPU:
    Medium setting, i set High Performance nothing, but i thing the problem is Driver because in Heaven Benchmark i did 1570 points , i thing is good points :)

13. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The score sounds ok, I believe that it is just the game. Make sure that Detailed Grass is OFF and that Track Detail is Medium.

14. VincenzoDM321

VincenzoDM321 Guest

GPU:
    Nothing , but i have problem with Need for Speed Shift 2 (20-30 fps), battlefield 3 after 30 seconds game started it freezes for some second and refreezes every seconds :( (but it do 80-90 fps in ultra) and project cars have seriously problems... :bang::bang::bang:

15. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Sounds more like a botched system to me. Please thoroughly test out each and every component's stability through various stress tests to see if they are stable. It could be anything really, from a bad CPU overclock to a hard drive with bad sectors. Don't overlook any component.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015

16. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    Night Races ?

If yes i would say normal !
    I had the same problem with my 290

17. VincenzoDM321

VincenzoDM321 Guest

GPU:
    This PC is very absurd, 5 minutes ago i tried to remove overclock and i removed cpu thermal throttoling, I tried Project Cars and i played at 60 fps in medium :3eyes: (with some glitch graphics) and i tried Battlefield 3 and it goes at 100-120 fps and during gaming there are others glitch graphics.
    I exit from Battlefield 3 and when i'm on the screen it flickering and after some seconds a black screen :bang:
    I restarted pc and i retested game, but Battlefield 3 now goes to 40-60 fps and Project Cars AGAIN 8-10 fps and the screen flickering for some moment on desktop.
    WHY? :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:
    THANKS FOR REPLY :)
    EDIT: HDD haven't Bad Sectors or others prolbem, I checked with Crystal Disk Info

No in day i go at 20-30 fps before black screen i go 60 fps capped... :(

18. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    Than something is wrong with the card or your system, hmmm ?! In Daylight races the 290 holds easily the 60FPS.

19. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Like I said, thoroughly stress everything. From RAM to GPU, everything. It could be that you have a bad GPU or a bad memory module, it's hard to tell without doing a proper checkup.

20. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Is your card by any chance working in pci e 3.0 mode while gaming?

Also if you can leave gpu z and msi afterburner on the back ground recording the gpu usage, core, memory etc and posting those results we might be able to narrow down the problem

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015