High End Audiophile thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Those look nice....I have been using the Hifiman RE-400 ever since they come out....I use the comply tips and I love them.

It is a wonderful combo and pretty cheap too.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    just asking what could happen if i have used it

3. pelopidas

pelopidas Guest

GPU:
    HD7970

4. pelopidas

pelopidas Guest

GPU:
    HD7970
    I have only known the Senns hd280 and now the HD650
    how would you compare or describe the Grado sound?
    Convince me that i need to spend some more "real" money :bugeye:

5. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    Try custom fit earphones as opposed to universal fit IMO because the heightened passive attenuation (due to the better isolation that only a tight seal can provide) matters, and so does the optimized acoustic space between the drivers and the eardrum. Currently I am using Westone ES60s—I got them for 1175€ at AudioNova (Variphone Int'l) about a year ago, and, after I heard them, there simply was no going back.

P.S. - I know the JH Roxanne uses more drivers than the Westone, but the quality (and size) of the drivers also matters. :nerd:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  6. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I would just grab a grado SR60e......it is their cheapest can at $80

You will get the basic Grado sound signature from these.

Everything else in the line gets refinded sound along with better sound stage and imaging.

Grab a pair a L cushions for your SR60.

This will let you know if you like the Grado sound....then you can upgrade from their if you like them.

Great low volume listening can, IMO

I would call all Grados a more aggessive sound than the HD650....especially the top end.

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'm thinking of switching my BA IEM/CIEM target, instead of the Roxanne Universal (heard a couple of bad things about it) I think I'd be looking to score an Heir Audio 8A. Yes, it's a CIEM and I'd originally no intention of getting one, but the 8A seller is offering it at a price I simply cannot resist. The Roxanne Universal would cost me >900USD, but the Heir Audio would cost me about 620USD in all (cost of ownership transfer, reshelling and ear impression)....I'd be the 2nd owner so there room for one more transfer should I decide I don't quite like it.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Just ordered a Gustard H10 headphone amp, read a lot of good things about it. Should do really well with my hd650 and he500 cans as it a high power amp. Anybody here using this amp?

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Talk about coincidences, I should be getting the GH10 as well as the Gustard X12 DAC (to up my headgear) in a day or two. I had thought of getting the Violectric V200 (on which the GH10 is a China made clone) but didn't wanna spend that much, the X12 is a no brainer for je since it has an ESS9018 chip and can handle DSD files as well. Decided to forego the Heir 8A or Roxanne since I'm pretty happy witt the IE800.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Oops, double posted....

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Looking forward to hearing some impressions.

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I am and enjoying it, with a pair of LT1489's and AD797BRZ in mine with my bifrost uber, but the uber will be switch out for a X12 in a couple of months.

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Hopefully this will be the last upgrades for a while. Spent a bundle already.

14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    That what I have planned as well for the X12. I already have the U12 so my plan is to use the I2S on the U12 into the X12 and use Two Balanced cables into the H10, which will also shorten the amount of wires that all over the place besides giving me what i want,besides the DSD/DXD support the gustard X12 has.

15. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Have just gotten my Gustard H10 and X12 combo, will be back with a couple of pics.....or more! The seller gave me a pair of XLR balanced cables for the H10 and X12, so stoked!:infinity:

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Can't wait for your impressions on the h10. Mine should be here end of next week. I'll be keeping my DAC though.

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    They're here!:D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  18. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Smart pieces of kit, very professional/classy design in my opinion. I'm interested in hearing some impressions of them with the likes of the HD650/LCD-2/HE-500 from you guys.

19. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Like I mention, the gustard has 4 op-amp sockets, Two for Dual channels and Two for single channels. Just in-case any one wanted to know. The Dual channel ones are near the rear of the unit where the connections are and the Two Single channels are at the sides.

20. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    very nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.