Silent Hills/P.T. page removes Kojima Productions' logo

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Apr 1, 2015.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Eurogamer

On the frontpage the thread title "New trend in gaming", people said boycotting only hurts the industry. No, the industry hurts itself with this sort of behaviour along with its crappy ports and support and treatment of developers, ips and gamers.

Clearly its not about the money if they can afford to treat the developers that make them their money in the first place, like this.

I wont be buying MGS:TP (nor pirating it, fyi) and I wont be buying anymore Konami products going forward.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There's always going to be behind the scenes stuff we will know nothing about. Conversations between them that won't know, and will never know.

I hope Silent Hills still sees the light of day. Kojima being attached to it was never a big thing to me.... Del Toro being on board is what made my interest.

As for future Konami products? Well, I won't say I won't buy any... because that depends solely on how they seem.
    MGS:TPP still looks great, and Kojima has said he will be completely involved with it through release. And even if he wasn't, it doesn't change the fact that the game still looks great.

If I boycotted developers/publishers because a key person I loved left the company... I would've never played Shadow of Mordor from Monolith because Craig Hubbard left.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The two situations are not even comparable. Someone leaving of their own accord is far different to a publisher removing a developers logo and credit from marketing materials and game software. One is someone moving on, the other is a petty move by a publisher.

Besides MGS, Konami has nothing worth noting. This is how they treat their breadwinners

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  4. chuuey

chuuey Guest

Hm... interesting - Konami also has Castlevania xD