Battlefield 4 - SP and MP Modes Details

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Over at BF4Talk the moderator 'BeestMann' has revealed some new details about Battlefield 4. According to BeestMann, EA and EB Games Australia showcased a live BF4 Demo exclusive to the Australian m...

Battlefield 4 - SP and MP Modes Details

2. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Just looks lame to me, they've even managed to find a way to make the Multiplayer linear and Operation Metro was the worst map, now they're charging us to play something we already own?

This is why I like Valve better, they release an SDK, they allow players to make mods and content for games and sell them. Any content Valve does that is more than something cosmetic is free because they understand that's what keeps players around. Most people I know quit BF3 in 2011 cause the maps sucked, something that would have been sorted if they just released an SDK.

I'm also not a fan of Battlelog or Origin, I don't agree with how EA price their games, they're like £50-70 and lets be honest you have to buy the digital deluxe version or you get shafted on the content. Battlelog has the worst server browser ever, you have to scroll all the way down so you can filter the servers, if you don't then you only filter the visible servers........

Don't support them people, they've made their bed by going for consoles, lets stick to games made for the PC platform please and not designed to milk us all.

****ing look at Sim City, charging £8 for the smallest bit of DLC that tbh should be for free with how lacking the rest of the game is.

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Hope Joey doesn't die.

4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Not looking forward to it. The campaign will be short and the multplayer full of roid monkeys. I´m getting so bored of EA´s work in the past few years...

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Will I be able to rebuy all the BF3 maps that I have?

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    They will save that for a future DLC pack....

7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I'm glad you didn't mention DICE in your post, the company designing the game.

EA publish the Battlefield series, they don't build it - although I'll concede they have a lot to say regarding deployment, or, strongly convince DICE on how to make the most $ they can.

EA also financed DICE in regards to the Frostbite engine, which is why there is no SDK or licence model for a company outside of EA's influence...

I gotta be honest here, as much as I do not like some aspects to EA (like treatment of staff as animals) or DICE (I find the interviews with staff highly arrogant) I do like the BF series, and I strongly believe Frostbite is the best games engine out there right now.

They didn't make their bed with consoles, they just followed the money and made the PS3 and Xbox sing and dance.

Gaming in the 21st century is all about games engines and marketing dollars: whoever has the best structure and integration of both will succeed, and will purchase every company who fails, and strip them bare.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

8. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    [​IMG]

9. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I guess i'll waste 4 hours of my life when this game comes out...
    Since i'm not into the "12 years old kid / grown asocial nerd" multiplayer crap, i won't spend a penny on this.

Single and multiplayer should be sold separately and maybe you'll get 10 to 15 bucks from me for the single player.

10. Yopkin1

Yopkin1 Member

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 680 2GB
    I really wished they just did 2143. then put out bf4 two years after. It would have made bf3 seem like a better game to me.

Oh well here is hoping bc3 will be next. I loved bc2 hardcore

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Imagine...

Battlefield 1942 + The Road the Rome + Secret Weapons...

With the Frostbite 3 engine...

Damn... i was day dreaming again :(

12. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    That would be the best :)

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    It would be interesting to know if for example PC has other popular maps than the consoles. I do think Metro's popularity is driven by the console community.

14. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Same, I sorta wished there was just a specific section or even another studio responsible for the bad company series, who retained the game at it's core.
    That way I wouldn't have to worry about stupid design choices, and new features and such. I'd skip the main battlefield titles altogether.

15. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    What kills it for me is again requiring of battlelog and likely launch from browser again. Why not just make a run and gun game like 1942 was without stats/without ranks and without all the added bloat, I really just do not understand why they keep pushing the next and greatest graphical interface to a type of game that doesn't need all that or need all the junk to go with it?

16. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I'm not really a huge fan of the BF series. Not for a particular reason or something.

It just happened to never had time/opportunity to get into them. I was either playing other MP/SP games when Battlefield 1942 came out or I wasn't playing at that time at all.

But I look forward BF4 if it turn out to be awsome/great. ;)

17. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    I can't wait for this :) looking forward :)

18. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    While I admit I might not be a BF veteran, having only played a tiny bit of BF2, I truly jumped into the series with BC2 and then BF3s.
    What I still don't really understand if why people are still upset over Battlelog. It isn't as terrible as what many put it to be. In fact, it is one of the best interfaces to navigate and find games, network with team members, and aside from a few rare bugs, it mostly works. Origin isn't that terrible either, could it be better? Yes, but so can Steam (which is the comparison of choice). You only need Origin to download and launch the actual game, therefore your interactions with it are minimal.

Gameplay wise, BF3 is structured to fully encompass a wide range of gamers. From the large maps, wide vehicle range, to focused infantry maps, it allows players of all gaming styles to join and have fun on their respective game modes and maps. Metro (I'm thinking of the non-explosive, <48P variant) is popular with many COD/CS style players because its smaller and more linear. Its more of a map in which shooting skills and reflexes are much more important than team work or objective pushing. Larger maps involves vehicles and are much more a team effort because regardless of how good you are with a rifle, there is only so much you can do when there are five or so objectives and land/air enemies that greatly outgun/armor you.

I admit I'm a more infantry based player, so while I never liked any of the larger maps on BF3, I don't bash them. Its a choice, which is great to have. It isn't like CS or COD where you aren't given that choice. Metro will make a return (hopefully a little refined this time) and it'll be great because so far the rest of BF4 looks like its aimed at the more disappointed BF3 fans (those who wanted larger maps/slower game pace). Of course, there should hopefully be other newer maps that aren't just a refresh of older ones.

Yes, there are many issues with BF3 (and any previous BF game), but overall its a great experience that people need to stop complaining about and just enjoy the game mode or maps they like.

19. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    C'mon lads stop being haters. Battlefield 3 even though it didn't give you all the stuff the old BF gave you was and is the best multiplayer FPS out there. Why hate Origin when Steam is exactly the same? Battlelog? Was weird at the beginning but is great now.A lot more options than any in game server browser. Just give it a chance. Now when it comes to EA then I understand some hating. But look at Call of Duty franchise. They made billions by selling same crappy looking game for more than 5 years.And yous are talking about EA being console oriented money making machine. Ridiculous. If you hate the game. Don't buy it and keep dreaming about a non existent game that simply can't come out as gamesindustry is a moneymaking machine and long gone are the days when a bunch of lads could create a cult game.Times have changed.simple as that.Nobody forces you to spend money on anything you don't like

20. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    That's half-correct. When you have played a map/server, it will show all of them in your history and it will load all of their respective statuses at the same time.

I use history 90% of the time, not because of this, but because they got the maps and games modes I use the most, with the geographics and pings at the right levels for the ToD I'm playing.

I don't play rush, and I think I've disarmed maybe 6 MCOM's in total - I just don't get the appeal of rush.

More of a conquest large map guy, with team deathmatch in the middle somewhere for quick-scoping sniper practice in the 50-150m range, counter strike style.

Close quarter maps are really fun but only conquest mode, as squad deathmatch on close quarters ends up with 5-8 guys camping around every corner and takes away the godlike flow those maps have.

Scrapmetal reminds me of quake sometimes, with the bunnyhopping routes you can take vertically, especially from the A point on the roof, dropping 3 floors off three jumps over the side of the roof and down to the C point, then back up and around to get the B point - hop across to A along the pipe, rinsing and repeating.

Armoured kill maps are great minus 'Armored Shield', which (due to unbalanced teams) can lead to being a one-sided match really quickly with the AC-130 being the dominant force on the map - if a team can hold that point and hold the points on their side of the map, the travel time and vehicle selection very very very quickly one-sides the whole game. Players parachuting off the ac-130 and hiding in buildings to stalemate points close to the enemy base means time which could have been expended moving up the map is wasted trying to find 1 player hiding somewhere.

Throw in stuff like stingers, no jets, increasingly limited vehicles due to enemy taking all other points (and therefore the vehicles at those points), soflam's, AA's not moving out of base and stat padding - and before you know it a team is hemmed in so badly, with a line of tanks, AA's and god knows what else on the maps at optimal distance and you got either a boring or frustrating game.

I got so bored on this map last night, I flew the Z11 all the way to the enemy's base (whilst they were hemmed in) straight over their AA who (I think was afk or simply didn't believe someone was flying 5 feet above him) and continued to base rape any helicopters for the next 10 minutes.

I don't like base rapers, but the enemy simply could not leave their base, so....what's a brother to do?

I found another guy last night on Death Valley who took the AA from the B point and drove it back to his base and when I joined the server he had a 30-0 k/d...this intrigued me. Partially because their team was losing pretty badly, but mostly because anyone with a 100% win streak is someone who can give you a great bonus when you kill them.

I tried strafing runs in the jet maybe 5 times, mostly he would get me before I could get him or the other team would wise to my bombing and I would get a face full of jet or heli.

So I took my time and flew the z11 far up into the mountain below radar and quietly landed behind the AA parked between the rocks at their base spawn point. I got out, and C4'd him.

Earned over 1,000 points for one kill - pimp.