750Ti as Physx Card together with 780Ti SLI

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Odellot, Apr 29, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    VisualFX?? no idea what's that.

But let me ask you this, do you really need a physx card, do you own older games that would "benefit" from it?

Next-gen U4E @ physx 3.x.x wont make any real difference anymore, the code is now efficient and doesnt stall gpu.

2. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I think any games 'older' than my current GPU I shouldn't have a problem with, it is more a purchase for current and future games i.e Far Cry 4 which uses VisualFX, Batman Arkham Knight which will use PhysX & The Witcher 3 which will use both VisualFX and PhysX ...... The obvious upgrade would be to get another 780ti but the MSI version I have is discontinued and still more expensive than a 980 plus I would have to upgrade power supply and case to get better cooling for an SLI set up.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    You mean hairworks then with visualFX?

FC4 wont benefit from it, Witcher3 also, new batman depends if they finally moved to physx3 then it won't either.

4. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    ^You're confusing GPU Accelerated PhysX effects to regular to CPU ones, mostly the APEX ones.

APEX Turbulence for example is GPU only.

Witcher 3 does indeed have GPU PhysX
    [​IMG]

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Pretty much.

PhysX is a physics SDK whereas VisualFX is basically the majority of the GameWorks library like FlameWorks, FaceWorks, HairWorks, ShadowWorks, etc..
    Unfortunately some of those effects won't run on the dedicated card (although I wish it would ;))

You will see a performance benefit in PhysX hardware accelerated with the dedicated card doing the calculations, leaving your main card for rendering but not in VisualFX based games that don't have Turbulence.

You can look through the different libraries here:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes, but both are based on physx3 and that is efficient enough to run on a single strong gpu.

Physx2 apex turbulence, cloth, hair, debris was so bad it needed separate gpu or it stalled main gpu - gpu usage drops and then fps drops..

Try to test Mars benchmark and you will see what I mean, physx2 at its worst. :D

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  7. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Yes I remember that, just pointing out that not all of PhysX SDK v3 is CPU only.

8. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Excellent thanks!