Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Mar 31, 2017.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Coming 9-8-2017 :D

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I'm so torn at the moment. I want to get it for PC.... but there are a few things making me want to get it on PS4 again.

Is the PS4 still going to have its own exclusives like OG Destiny does?

Will any of the crap that CAN be transferred from Destiny on PS4 transfer over to Destiny 2 on PC? Or will it only transfer to the same platform?

I dunno... i mean, i LOVE my PC gaming.... but quite frankly, i'm kinda leaning more towards PS4. Namely because who wants to have to potentially deal with aimbotters and such in the Crucible in Destiny 2?

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Naah.. If I get it will be on PS4. Reasons – well I don’t have any friends that play it on the PC or plan to do so, and that honestly should be enough. But more to that, there will be more cheaters on the PC for sure and since this is the first iteration on the PC, who knows what kind of bugs, problems and performance issues it will have. Doubt that you can transfer anything between platforms too. And finally for a game that I may spend hundreds of hours on, I really prefer to play on a controller from the couch or bed and not sit at my PC with KB+M after doing so for 8+ hours at work.

But there is the question should you even buy it? How much will they actually improve it, because I don’t want to spend all that money they ask for it, if it will be so scarce in content like the first one. I do like the game, but feel that the first was a good purchase only after the 3rd DLC (calling them expansions is bull****). So it really depends on what will be on offer at the beginning and also what impression will the beta leave in me.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I vowed not to buy games that exist on PC on PS4. I could maybe reconsider if Destiny 2 has 1080p/60fps support but I'm pretty sure I'd get it on PC for the sake of frame rates and graphical quality. Plus, I still have a hard time getting used to FPS with a controller :)

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Going to wait for reviews this time, the original game out the box seriously lacked content, and I really disliked how little you got with the season pass as well, they really milked every penny out of the community, hardly surprising with Activision behind it.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Gameplay reveal was today, not sold on it myself.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The first couple of minutes just looked the same to me. Who is the guy holding a shield in place? Never seen him before. If it didn't say Destiny 2 I would have thought it was dlc.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    2 things I didn't like.

1. Crucible is now 4v4 for all modes.

2. Raid matchmaking. If it's anything like how it is for strikes, then we're going to be in for a rough time.

9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well from what I’ve seen so far, they are not messing with the formula too much. Looks good, sounds good and the shooting is still top notch. The classes are basically the same .. like seriously? That’s it? Nothing new? And then what? Some story missions, some strikes and a raid. I don’t know, but I have the feeling that this will be exactly the same as the first one in terms of content – not much and with big droughts in-between the “expansions” (same as before – the first two are already on pre-order).

I did enjoy Destiny. Still playing in from time to time. I have 600 hours in it (yeah ….). But I’m not sold on the 2nd one. At least not on getting it on day one. If I’m correct, that it is all the same in terms of content it looks like a purchase a year or so down the line…

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I reckon Bungie know the sales for Desiny 2 are going to be much lower on conole due to the first one, hence the PC release. Also it runs at 30 FPS on consoles and 60 on PC. PVP is 4 vs 4 and it only runs at 30?

If you watch the video below it shows the same map style, characters, enemies and weapons......

Last edited: May 19, 2017

11. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Not sure what i expected, but maybe there was a small dissapointment after watching the reveal stream. Will have to wait till beta to see if it's worth it this time. Also the clueless sandbox team worries me, how much stupid nerfs and boring weapons meta we will see this time.

30fps and no dedicated servers won't give me tears of joy either.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I'm still going to buy buy it either way. I wasn't a big fan of PVP in the first one anyway. It was a mess. Plus they have added mini guns... MINI GUNS!!!

13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea... i'm quite liking the extra little gun variants here and there. Plus the equipment slots are a bit intriguing as well. Nice to not be tied to specifically a primary, special, and heavy weapon. But... as the stream said... choosing between a rocket launcher or a sniper rifle could be a tough one.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I presume they want people to carry specific weapon loadouts instead of on the fly changing. Which is something I would much prefer.

15. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    That just sounds annoying. Always liked Destiny myself, but the changes to D2 don't fill me with excitement. Sounds more annoying than it's going to be fun.

16. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I dunno... sounds rather interesting to me. Means you'll have a lot more options as to what you'll take with you into the fray. Might not necessarily sit there thinking "Well.... Nemesis Star can really mow people down.... but the Gjallarhorn is a beast when it comes to bosses/mini-bosses. Might as well keep that equipped." Gives you a chance to maybe switch up your arsenal more often to meet the situation at hand, rather than relying on the same gear that you like to use.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Having to equip a kinetic and void damage weapon for example. Which will probably mean you not being able to use a sniper and rocket launcher at the same time.

18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea, it's a kinetic weapon, an energy weapon, and a power weapon (which is where things like snipers, fusion rifles, grenade launchers, etc... reside). Though... i wouldn't even be REMOTELY surprised if we see more crossover exotics in Destiny 2 like we had in Destiny. No Land Beyond... primary Sniper rifle. Universal Remote... primary shotgun. Sleeper Simulant... heavy fusion rifle.

All i know... it'll be nice to actually have that feeling of being able to use something other than the tried-and-true in every single Strike or when going into the Crucible.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Seem like they are giving a reason to keep weapons rather than collecting 100's that will never get used. Which is what happened in Destiny 1. All you needed was a Gjallarhorn and Ice Breaker.

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Funny thing.... I never had the Year 1 G-horn.... and even with the Iron G-Horn.... i almost never use it. Yea, it's a nice rocket launcher... but there are other exotics i'd rather use than a rocket launcher. A few rounds and you're boned. I'd rather use machine gun like the Nemesis Star that i previously mentioned, or another nice rocket launcher and use an exotic primary or special. Nemesis Star is nice because in a pinch, it can clear a freakin room. haha